paging -> hasbeen or agedhorse

xbassman

• Members

Hey guys I have a quick question for you.

I just purchased a (new old stock) Genz Benz GBE400.

It has only one problem.

The led's on the right hand side for power, signal, thermal, etc. aren't connected to the faceplate.

I can see them inside the head looking through the holes and they seem to be working fine.

Is this something that I can pop the top off and just attach them to the faceplate myself?

I hate to send in a 30lb head for something this small!

Thanks!

• Members

I can not advise anybody to take the top off our amp. There are "no user serviceable parts" inside because of obvious liability reasons. If I told somebody to open their amp up, and they touched the wrong thing with a screwdriver, while they were naked, and they had their big toe in a bucket of water.......well, you know.

What I have done, and don't try this at home, is to take the top off, re-apply some silicon to the light bar, and press it back into place. When doing this, I have resisted the strong urge to touch my tongue to a large cap to see what will happen.

• Members

LOL! Thanks dude! :D

That's kinda what I figured.....

I have pulled apart a couple of PC power supplies so I know what not to touch.

Gotta do it later though...

If my daughter sees it, she will have Christmas all figured out! :eek:

• Members

LOL! Thanks dude!
:D

That's kinda what I figured.....

I have pulled apart a couple of PC power supplies so I know what not to touch.

Gotta do it later though...

If my daughter sees it, she will have Christmas all figured out!
:eek:

Cool. Is it for your daughter?

• Members

I can not advise anybody to take the top off our amp. There are "no user serviceable parts" inside because of obvious liability reasons. If I told somebody to open their amp up, and they touched the wrong thing with a screwdriver, while they were naked, and they had their big toe in a bucket of water.......well, you know.

What I have done, and don't try this at home, is to take the top off, re-apply some silicon to the light bar, and press it back into place. When doing this, I have resisted the strong urge to touch my tongue to a large cap to see what will happen.

you are one funny MOFO!!! :lol:

• Members

Well, no actually it is for me. :)

If she sees it though, she'll know that my GK 400RB will be going to her.

(I also bought her a Dr Bass 112 Neo cab)

If I bought her a Genz it would have to be the Neo Pack.

Heck the GBE400 is only a few pounds lighter than her cab!

I loved the tones I was getting with it while I had it out of the box though.

It is gonna be hard hiding it for almost a month! :cry:

• Members

they touched the wrong thing with a screwdriver, while they were naked, and they had their big toe in a bucket of water.......well, you know.

I love the internets for hot sex talk such as this...

• Members

Every time Roger visits the R&D lab, we have to dress him in safety clothes and make him keep his hands in his pockets. He can't resist touching shiny things ;)

Actually, I really wanted to toss a charged capacitor for him to catch. I think I can run faster then he can.

• Members

Every time Roger visits the R&D lab, we have to dress him in safety clothes and make him keep his hand in his pockets. He can't resist touching shiny things
;)

Actually, I really wanted to toss a charged capacitor for him to catch. I think I an run faster then he can.

:freak:

:D :D

• Members

Yours is a much better answer than mine.

"Turn around and face the audience!!!" Problem solved.

Archived