Any Cigar Lovers out There?

qmel4

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

In general, I hate all tobacco products on principle, and cigarette smoke makes me quite ill, even second hand.

However, the day I heard George Burns had died, I went out and got a good one, smoked it in the car with the windows down, and rather enjoyed it. Probably won't do that again unless he dies again, though. ;)

• 1 month later...
  • Members

The Opus X is consistently good. But they have slipped a little since their debut around '96. I vividly remember the complexity of the flavor in the first few batches. Still, it's a very good cigar.

A really good line of Fuentes is the sun-grown wrapper. Nice nice NICE!!! They can be hard to find, and they aren't very expensive when you do find them.

My favorite cigar is the Cuban Cohiba. Sadly, of the 5 I've smoked, I think only 2 were real. When I've had the opportunity to buy them recently, I've passed. Too much money to spend on what's likely to be a counterfeit.

If you need a hook up, I know where you can get the real deal. Not chea, but excellent.

I'm a but more of a Montecristo and Bolivar guy so far as Cubanos go, but Cohibas are excellent as well.

• Members
RomeoYJulieta1.gif
Romeo and Julietas are my favorites. I haven't tried many Cubans, but these are great. I brought back 10 when I went to Aruba earlier this year. I thought they'd last a few months, but they were gone in a week.
:mad:

that happens :D

and yes, those are kick ass cigars.

• Members

Coupla recent favs: CAO's MX2, and the Punch Royal Coronation. Nice.

MX2 is a good heavy cigar. Actually CAO has quite a few really good ones. Their Brazilia and Criollo lines are also very very good. Especially for Non-cubans. The line between them has really gotten smaller over the years.

Check out some of Ghurka's lines as well. damn good stuff.

• CMS Author

MX2 is a good heavy cigar. Actually CAO has quite a few really good ones. Their Brazilia and Criollo lines are also very very good. Especially for Non-cubans. The line between them has really gotten smaller over the years.

Check out some of Ghurka's lines as well. damn good stuff.

I'll definitely try them. I had never tried a CAO and had no clue if they were any good. The MX2 is nice because it's full-bodied but not strong at all. And for a shorty it's a good long smoke, easy to draw without overheating.

• Members

I'll definitely try them. I had never tried a CAO and had no clue if they were any good. The MX2 is nice because it's full-bodied but not strong at all. And for a shorty it's a good long smoke, easy to draw without overheating.

Yup. They make some of the better cigars out there. Also, if you get a chance and have a couple extra bucks try a Padron 1964 anniversary series.

Expensive, but worth it. The 1926 anniversary are even more expensive, but I like the 1964 better. The exclusivo is probably one of the best non-cuban smokes made.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Kindness & I arrived in Chicago after a long drive from Guttermouth's place in TN around 11pm. I stayed up, then went to work around 7am. Last night I slept about 2 hours.

Not even sleep right now.

This ain't cool. I'm up doing stuff, and maybe that's the problem. Can't turn myself off.

Tonight I'm gonna have a sungrown Fuente & try to relax.

• Members

I quit smoking ciggies about nine years ago and during that first year had a couple of cigars a week. A guy at work just got back from Havana a couple of weeks ago and brought me 10 Cohibas and 10 Monte Cristos. I've been kind of enjoying walking around in the cold weather this winter and indulging.

• Members

Ah yes.... it's hard to beat a fine cigar every once in a while... Especially at the end of a long week kicking your feet up with a couple of friends.

My father-in-law just sent me a box of Titan de Bronze robustos made in Little Havana, Miama, FL.
Not cuban of course, but they are a MIGHTY FINE cigar.

Other than those, I'm a fan of Macanudo Portofino's, Cohibas (I've had one of their cubans.... nice) Padron, Arturo Fuentes, etc...

heheh... usually i'm either smoking a pipe, or working a black and mild (wine) or a prince albert cherry vanilla.... but that's just because they're made with pipe tabacco. Either one are pretty good considering a pack is only a couple bucks.

Sometime's I look to have a nice black coffee or dark lager with my cigars.... another thing I've found to delightfully enhance the flavor is a bite of a dark chocolate in between puffs.... mmmmmmm..... :thu:

• Members

definitly... most cigar purists are not too fond of them, but theyre great to me... have you had Montecristos? those use to be relatively cheap and theyre awesome...

Have not had a chance to try the montecristos yet.... Although I consistently hear good things about them. Maybe after I run through this box of Titan de Bronze, I'll go out and pick a few up. (cigars, not boxes... haha)

• Members
Have not had a chance to try the montecristos yet.... Although I consistently hear good things about them. Maybe after I run through this box of Titan de Bronze, I'll go out and pick a few up. (cigars, not boxes... haha)

report back on them ;)

i'll keep the name of the ones youre smoking in mind :p

Archived