Any Cigar Lovers out There?

qmel4

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Your name isn't Clinton, is it?

:eek: :eek:

In all honesty, I LOVE the flavor and aroma of cigars. Pipes too. But I was really addicted to smoking cigarettes. Gave them up midnight the night before my first neck operation, March 16, 1995. Still have the last (empty) pack taped to a bookcase. And I was have-to-get-dressed-and-make-the-run-at-midnight kind of addicted. So, I just haven't ever smoked any other tobacco, 'cuz I'm way too nervous that I'd wind up with the habit again, and I just don't want it!!!! So, I enjoy the aroma of a good one now and then, and leave it at that.

• Members

Speaking of cigars... I'm supposed to pick up a box for a bachelor party next weekend, and I have no idea what to get. Can someone recommend a decent cigar that doesn't cost alot of money. Something mild I guess, since most of the guys arent regular smokers.

• Members

Can someone recommend a decent cigar that doesn't cost alot of money. Something mild I guess, since most of the guys arent regular smokers.

The Montecristo #3 always seems to be popular with non-hardcore cigar smokers. It's pretty mild and quite affordable. Should be between $5-6 each for the 5.5 x 44 size (depending on how many you buy).

Emre

• Members

Speaking of cigars... I'm supposed to pick up a box for a bachelor party next weekend, and I have no idea what to get. Can someone recommend a decent cigar that doesn't cost alot of money. Something mild I guess, since most of the guys arent regular smokers.

Arturo Fuente Chateau. A box of 20 would be about $70.

It's a good size (won't take too much time to smoke). Medium flavor (Not overpowering, but won't disappear if you're having something with the cigar; e.g., wine, beer, or coffee.)

They are available as either natural or maduro. In this instance, you'd be ok with either one. (In other instances the maduro can be heavier or spicier than the natural leaf)

For true cigar smokers, they'll appreciate the Chateau. For people who don't know cigars, you won't put out much money for something that won't be properly smoked or properly cared for.

DO NOT turn to Cigar Afficianado magazine as a reference. Their rating system makes no sense. :mad:

• Members

Anything in the Macanudo line is mild & reasonably priced, A good beginner cigar. I like the Padron 3000 for something a bit more complex, it costa little more.

By the way my limit is Two Gars a week.

• Members

i dont smoke but i really like cigars.... Cohibas and Montecristo are really good, especially with a really good whiskey on top, but i dont have them often, cose theyre soooo expensive in Portugal.... a single Cohiba in here can cost about... 20-30$, its insane.... but i can get them cheaper once in a while...

and i never smoked pipe, but a friend of mine is gonna offer me one soon, so i guess i'll report back on that :D

• Members

went to the islands last winter and smuggled back two boxes of real cubans............$400.00

I used to live in Montreal, where real Cuban cigars were legal and easily available. I honestly never understood what all the fuss was about. There were a couple of Cohibas and Romeo y Julietas I quite liked. A bunch of others I didn't really care for. There were good ones and bad ones...just like cigars made anywhere else.

Emre

• Members

I love a good cigar. I have 2 pretty well stocked humidors (1 at home and 1 at my office). Cubans and non-cubans. you can get cubans any time you want if you know where to go.

My personal favorite manufacturers are probably R&J, Partagas, Fuente, CAO, La Gloria Cubana, and of course Montecristo.

All good quality stuff.

Defends on what you're willing to spend.

• Members

I'm a fan of the Arturo Fuentes stuff...good call Mango!

The best cigar that I've ever had was an AF Opus X.

The Opus X is consistently good. But they have slipped a little since their debut around '96. I vividly remember the complexity of the flavor in the first few batches. Still, it's a very good cigar.

A really good line of Fuentes is the sun-grown wrapper. Nice nice NICE!!! They can be hard to find, and they aren't very expensive when you do find them.

My favorite cigar is the Cuban Cohiba. Sadly, of the 5 I've smoked, I think only 2 were real. When I've had the opportunity to buy them recently, I've passed. Too much money to spend on what's likely to be a counterfeit.

Archived