I know Ive been a keyboard player for the last six months or so.....

DevilRaysFan

• Members

hey, Keyboards are great. I started out on piano at age 5. Because of it I was able to pick up a lot of instruments.

I even played French Horn once transposing Bb to F on the fly because the we only had one horn player and he had the flu for a performance.

I wasn't great, but my theory made it so I faked it pretty good.

• Members

hey, Keyboards are great. I started out on piano at age 5. Because of it I was able to pick up a lot of instruments.

I even played French Horn once transposing Bb to F on the fly because the we only had one horn player and he had the flu for a performance.

I wasn't great, but my theory made it so I faked it pretty good.

Knowing theory, and playing synth bass as well as bass guitar back in the 80s showband(s) I was in, is how I picked up keys over the years..For a long time, Ive always occasionally gigged on and off as a keyboard player, usually for pickup work, but my bass gigs has always outweighed my keys gigs...This is the first time in my life it has been reversed............

• Members

Well what made me post this thread was that I bought a Roland RS-5 Saturday night at my gig for $150 off of someone I know that obviously needed holiday cash...this board will replace the DX-27 MIDIed into the MC-303...I was excited and I wanted to share my joy but you guys are my pals and the keyboard forum would have posted things like "Yeah, thats cool but my Korg Autobot Triton not only has 10000000 sounds but it also transforms into a robot and makes coffee....."

Archived