ampeg svx problems

bassdudeguy

• Members

so if you turn the vol on your pc up the bass and the noise both get louder?

what kind of soundcard are you using?

i really have no clue. this is maybe the second time i have every tried playing my bass into my computer, first time i just plugged it straight bass>cable>1/8 adapter>computer and it sounded perfect but it just distorts if i ever try that again

• Members

i really have no clue. this is maybe the second time i have every tried playing my bass into my computer, first time i just plugged it straight bass>cable>1/8 adapter>computer and it sounded perfect but it just distorts if i ever try that again

oh, you know what ? it could be your buffering settings in svx.

open up svx, go to settings>audio setup>and change the buffer size to one size bigger than what it's currently on.see if the noise gets better.

• Members

and how do i use this thing to record me over stuff

as far as i know you can't record with it. it has a speed trainer function up ther in the top left where you can open audio files and play over them but, as far as i know you have to use a dedicated recording program and use svx as a plug in to be able to record with it.

just download a copy of reaper (http://www.reaper.fm/) and use svx as a plugin.

• Members

GM - I thought of you tonight at the Modest Mouse show when Lora remarked that no one is intimidated by a guy playing a banjo. Your avatar tells me differently.

hahahaha.

the ultimate goal is to be able to rip it up on banjo and then have one made to resemble gene simmons' axe bass.

they'll be intimidated then!!!!

:)

how was modest mouse btw?

• Members

just make sure to point your recording software's vst lookup utility pointing to the folder svx is installed in .

in reaper go to options>preferences>plugins>vst the hit add and browse to the folder you have svx installed in.

i did exactly that and nothing changed.

sorry im not any good at this kind of stuff

• Members

what are you trying to do exactly?

trying to get a basic understanding of how these things work right now, so im basically just trying to record my playing over other tracks (i figured that out) but i still don't get how i get the tone from the svx program into reaper.

• Members

trying to get a basic understanding of how these things work right now, so im basically just trying to record my playing over other tracks (i figured that out) but i still don't get how i get the tone from the svx program into reaper.

if you've got your input setup in reaper for your bass track you click the "fx" button on that channel and select " ampegsvx" from the vst fx menu. that should pull up the svx menu in the plugin interface box and apply the sound from svx to the track.

you should also be able to monitor and play through svx in real time by applying the plugin to the channel your bass is running into.

Archived