Which Squier guitar has the best quality?

MatteusNova

• Members

Here's a strange question for ya, which one do you think is of best quality:

The Squier Jazz bass (dunno which model).

or Squier Telecaster (I know it's not a bass, but still a guitar).

I reckon it's the Tele, but I could be mistaken. Odd question, maybe but I'm just curious.

Matt

• Members

Interesting question. I guess I'd say they're about the same (if you're not including models like the Vintage Modified Jazz and the Master Series Thinline Tele - both of which have gotten reviews that far exceed those of standard Squire instruments).

Now... that doesn't mean that you might get one here and there that exceed the standard quality of the instrument. But you'll find that with either the bass or the guitar.

• Members

ive played some standard squire j's and teles that were really nice, and some that belonged in the trash. it can really be hit or miss, but if you are persistent you should be able to find one that stands out.

have you thought about looking at used MIM fenders?

• Members

ive played some standard squire j's and teles that were really nice, and some that belonged in the trash. it can really be hit or miss, but if you are persistent you should be able to find one that stands out.

have you thought about looking at used MIM fenders?

Yes, I have actually, a mexico tele, it wasn't much more expensive than a new squier. But it was an online auction and it got a bit high in price at the end, so it ended up costing a bit more than I thought. But auctions are always like that, sometimes a real bargain and sometimes a bit too high. :lol:

Archived