Off topic, yeah. I started working out again.

Death Hands

• Members

Haha. I'm moving extremely low weights at a high rate of repetition.

It's been two, maybe two and a half weeks, and my arms are already looking more defined, and I was feeling better. I recently started to get sore, so I laid off. Wednesdays and Sundays are my days off. Two things I've noticed thus far: When I don't work out, I eat more and I feel weak as hell if I don't work out.

Now, the thing that has spurred me on has been a totally selfish and stupid thing. I'm a very pessimistic person, so "self improvement" reads as "masturbation" to me, most of the time. Some of you may also know that I'm slightly disabled. With my condition, it's actually kind of important that I work the affected side of my body, and... I haven't been. At all.

Anyhow... What spurred me on was this: I miss being solidly intimidating. Simple. I'm already large, so I just need to reclaim some definition. I've got mass, and I'm looking for(could be super flamboyant and say 'sass') a bit of build.

Now, what has kept my interest in this pursuit thus far? I was pulling Mallrats out of my dvd player, and my girlfriend said "Wow, Nates, you've visibly lost weight." Now, I know it's not much, maybe five to ten pounds, tops, but that made me feel like a badass. The most impressive part is that I'm only doing pseudo-cardio work with the weights. I can't walk or run much at all with my condition, so I have to get my cardio gains from other sources, and you don't burn much fat at all taking handweights for twenty minutes a day. :p I impress myself. Haha.

The funny part of the incident is that I'm happy with my slovenly, fat, overlarge, comfortable, warm, soft, whatever self. As a matter of fact, I look back on the time when I WAS rippedish, and I laugh. I wasn't comfortable in my own skin, at all. I was, however, spooky looking for my age.

Now, if I could just find a stable, comfortable and cheap exercise bike, I'd be able to get down to business. :p

/rantoveryeah.

• Members

*Claps*

Though, I'd love to see a picture of the you rippedish.

Sadly, in most of the photos around, I just look fat. :p If I can dig one up, I'll toss it your way.

One big thing about that time is that I was a hostile bastard whenever I could be. :p It is amazing what a year and a half of lazing and dazing will do to someone.

• Members

I gave up doing weights at home recently. They just kept getting in the way and I'd trip over them. But the company I work for will pay 60% of any gym fee's so I'm gonna take 'em up on that offer. It'll work out that they're paying about $600 of my fee's so thats awesome! :thu:

• Members

I gave up doing weights at home recently. They just kept getting in the way and I'd trip over them. But the company I work for will pay 60% of any gym fee's so I'm gonna take 'em up on that offer. It'll work out that they're paying about $600 of my fee's so thats awesome!
:thu:

Yeah, I'd cash in on that.

The gym I was scoping out is pretty cheap, but, at the same time, I'd be bitching at myself because I could get comparable and free-ass results from home. :p When I was scoping the local gyms out, I was debating getting back into massive strength training again, but that is so unappealing. Haha.

Archived