OT: Pork Chop and PC

ThudMaker

• Members

Porkchop??!? That's a new one... :freak:

One thing I still don't understand about this PC {censored}... They called the MASCOT porkchop. Not Guillermo Lopez. So what's the problem?

Granted, there are some pretty terrible words out there with very bad histories. But I think the line needs to be drawn somewhere.

I'm taking PorkChop back!

2PfNGbcb.jpg

Porkchop 4 life!!

• Members

Reading the article, it's not "Hispanics", it's a specifically Puerto Rican slur, which at least makes more sense (since it's off the sound of the name, not a cultural trait)...

Pretty small community in general, which would explain why I've never heard it either...:D

Though this seems stupid as well. If it was something other than a Pig (Like a person), then yeah, I could see a racial slur...But it's a pig...Pork chops come from pigs...This isn't the Redskins with an Indian mascot or the Indians with Chief Wahoo...It's a pig...

Furthermore:

TOPICAL WEBCOMIC MAN STRIKES AGAIN!!!

20020812h.gif

• Members

Wow. Boston has a pretty good sized Puerto Rican community and that's the first I ever heard of this "slur".

Goddammit! I'm suing Notre Dame over their "Fighting Irish" mascot. Makes it seem like all people of irish descent are drunken brawlers. And what's up with the lepruchan? :mad::mad:

People are stupid.

• Members

Wow. Boston has a pretty good sized Puerto Rican community and that's the first I ever heard of this "slur".

Goddammit! I'm suing Notre Dame over their "Fighting Irish" mascot. Makes it seem like all people of irish descent are drunken brawlers. And what's up with the lepruchan?
:mad:
:mad:

People are stupid.

People always bring up Notre Dame when the issue comes up...Only problem is, a huge portion of Notre Dame's fan base is Irish and aren't in any way offended (and thus it's not actually a valid analogy ;))

This porkchop thing is still stupid...

• Members

People always bring up Notre Dame when the issue comes up...Only problem is, a huge portion of Notre Dame's fan base is Irish and aren't in any way offended (and thus it's not actually a valid analogy
;)
)

+1

I've yet to meet an irishman/woman who wasn't damned proud of their drunken history :D

• Members

I am a Puerto Rican from NY and I have never ever heard anyone call me a Pork Chop (and I'm 6 foot 3 , 310lbs). That is weird considering that one of our favorite foods to cook / Eat is "Pork Chops" and "Roast Pork".:love: They have got to be kidding me with this political Bull$HITE!!! What a SHAME.:cop:

• Members

My Mominlaw works with a fundraising group and they hosted this huge dinner party. She had to spend 15 minutes trying to find warmer clothes for the 'greeters' because they didn't know that was the new PC word for Doorman and it was -15 outside. A ha ha ha. Lame. Now their term is 'Frontdoor greeters', so they now know to wear a parka not an evening gown.

• Members

My Mominlaw works with a fundraising group and they hosted this huge dinner party. She had to spend 15 minutes trying to find warmer clothes for the 'greeters' because they didn't know that was the new PC word for Doorman and it was -15 outside. A ha ha ha. Lame. Now their term is 'Frontdoor greeters', so they now know to wear a parka not an evening gown.

That might not be "PC" as much as it is an attempt to 'classy up' the term

Sort of like "Sanitation Engineer" and "Automotive Storage Technician" :D

• Members

People always bring up Notre Dame when the issue comes up...Only problem is, a huge portion of Notre Dame's fan base is Irish and aren't in any way offended (and thus it's not actually a valid analogy
;)
)

Yeah, I'm about as Irish as an american gan get (all 4 grandparents emigrated here from Ireland) and i don't find it remotely offensive. what I do find offensive is people that get offended to easily. ;)

so I'm gonna get drunk and start KICKING THEIR ASSES!!!!!! :cop:

Archived