I think I made a BooBoo

PaulyWally

• Members

My girlfriend and I were chatting the other night, and she asked what I want for my Birthday and for Christmas. I said, "A Nintendo Wii".

She didn't say anything... not a sound. She just turned her head away from me with a look like, "That's kind of expensive... but..."

I waited a couple seconds and I said, "No... you don't have to get me that."

I thought about it later and said, "You were really thinking of buying me one... weren't you?" Affirmatively, she said... "Well... maybe".

• Members

Yeah, that's no fun.

I really hate the idea of telling someone what I'd want as a gift. Generally, if I want something, I'll buy it. If it's too expensive/unnecessary for me to buy it, I'd surely not want someone else spending that much money on me! (Especially since I've never had a sugar-momma) ;)

• Members

I really hate the idea of telling someone what I'd want as a gift. Generally, if I want something, I'll buy it. If it's too expensive/unnecessary for me to buy it, I'd surely not want someone else spending that much money on me! (Especially since I've never had a sugar-momma)
;)

That's how I feel.

I can't justify the price of a Wii for myself... and I don't think I'd even use it that much. Either that, or I would use it TOO much.

So I figure I'm better off not having it.

• Members

So what are you getting her?

I don't know. She won't tell me anything. And she's really difficult to shop for.

She doesn't give out any clues... never stops to look at something in a store window... and when I ask, she answers with a question, "What do YOU want?"

It's kind of irritating. :)

• Members

I don't know. She won't tell me anything. And she's really difficult to shop for.

She doesn't give out any clues... never stops to look at something in a store window... and when I ask, she answers with a question,
"What do YOU want?"

It's kind of irritating.
:)

She wants a Collector's Edition copy of Pulp Fiction on HDDVD.

• Members

She doesn't give out any clues... never stops to look at something in a store window... and when I ask, she answers with a question,
"What do YOU want?"

It's kind of irritating.
:)

For a change, dare to be different... get her a bottle of vintage Champagne (Cliquot, or Kristal, something like that) with the room key to a suite at the Ritz tied around the neck.

You'll thank me for this advice later :)

• Members

My girlfriend and I were chatting the other night, and she asked what I want for my Birthday and for Christmas. I said, "A Nintendo Wii.

Man did you blow it. The only correct answer when your woman asks that question is...a romantic dinner, just you and I talking, laughing, enjoying life and each other's company...then a night of hot monkey sex afterward.

You and I both know you'd rather have the Wii, but that's a gift you ask your sister for. :D

• Members

Man did you blow it. The only correct answer when your woman asks that question is...a romantic dinner, just you and I talking, laughing, enjoying life and each other's company...then a night of hot monkey sex afterward.

You and I both know you'd rather have the Wii, but that's a gift you ask your sister for.
:D

I just spewed all over my monitor. bahahaha.

• Members

A Nintendo Wii? That's what a 12 year old asks his parents for.

And don't ask her what she wants. Just get her something fantastic. Charm her. And not with a video game.

It's OK, Paul.

Ralph's a Republican. Fun is a concept alien to him.

;)

• Members

You and I both know you'd rather have the Wii, but that's a gift you ask your sister for.

There's joke about Pauly being from Wisconsin in here somewhere.......:p

• Members

SOs should be able to buy presents for each other without needing suggestions, IMNSHO. It isn't hard, you just have to actually listen to each other once in a while, and be a little creative. It doesn't have to be expensive (but can be if you want), it just has to be something that says "I love you so I actually THOUGHT about the gift I'm giving". I've designed jewelry and had it custom made for MrsBH, and I've bought her a new headlamp and some socks. One was rather extravagent, the other simple and utilitarian, but things she wanted and wouldn't normally buy for herself. And she was thrilled in both cases (and all others, but hey, I'm not going to list everything I've ever given her and let youi slackers steal all my good ideas :mad: )

• Members

The trick is, no matter what they may tell you, they often have a secret wish list, and this is the one you will be graded against.

I was once dating a woman who happened to mention how much she missed some of the projects around her house, and one of the things she missed was this really good saber saw. I forgot this entirely. 11th hour, I'm walking through Sears tool department, they have a ludicrous sale going on for their top model. I picked it up as a lark. I expected she'd get a chuckle out of it.

I got my bones jumped!

Pure luck.

Archived