Are These strap Locks any good?

Roguetitan

• Members

Straplocks....eh. IMO, less is more in this department.

My guitar player's Les Paul went down a few shows ago because his "straplocks" failed him. Personally, I stay away from those things. More often than not when I see a guitar fall on stage, it has a "straplock" on it.

Personally, I stick with the Comfort Strapp, with the ends doubled over. Always feels secure, never let me down.

• Members

I had them on an old acoustic guitar. Functionally, they are mores secure than an old strap with an end that is starting to stretch, but less secure than just duct taping the thing right to your bass.

I would say that they are just fine if you are the type with low to moderate movement and an older strap that might be loosening up a bit, but if you are in a hardcore band and regularly jumping off of your cab, they aren't going to cut it.

• Members

Here is a good example:

Notice how the end is doubled over to cover the (nut?) twice. It really keeps things tight. If one slips, the other is there as backup. Not only that, but the Comfort Strapp is your shoulder's best friend.

l_62a1e73212c7011a3f8781a39814415b.jpg

If/when I get a 5er, it'll probably be a Ray with black on black like that to hide the fugliness of the pickguard :p

• Members

I had them on an old acoustic guitar. Functionally, they are mores secure than an old strap with an end that is starting to stretch, but less secure than just duct taping the thing right to your bass.

I would say that they are just fine if you are the type with low to moderate movement and an older strap that might be loosening up a bit, but if you are in a hardcore band and regularly jumping off of your cab, they aren't going to cut it.

I am a Bass player not an acrobat. I dont run around and jump up and down like my hair is on fire, I don't spin my bass around my neck or any of that {censored} so these just may work for me.

• Members

I am a Bass player not an acrobat. I dont run around and jump up and down like my hair is on fire, I don't spin my bass around my neck or any of that {censored} so these just may work for me.

Well put.

If you are just looking for something to make sure your bass doesn't go crashing to the ground when you swing it around to your back while you are talking to someone, or dropping on your foot when you are using both hands to adjust something on your amp (actually happened to me). IMO these would work just fine.

• Members

Here is a good example:

Notice how the end is doubled over to cover the (nut?) twice. It really keeps things tight. If one slips, the other is there as backup. Not only that, but the Comfort Strapp is your shoulder's best friend.

l_62a1e73212c7011a3f8781a39814415b.jpg

It's nice that those work for you, but they're not an option for everyone - for example, any of the neoprene type straps are too grabby for me, and the nylon types are too slippery - a leather strap works best for me... I've never had a Schaller straplock fail on me - and I'm pretty active onstage - besides playing bass for the last 15 years or so, I have quite a few years gigging with a Les Paul under my belt - and always used Schallers...

Just out of curiousity, what type of straplock was your guitarist using that failed on him???

- georgestrings

• Members

I guess they work as well as the red rubber things you get on Grolsch beer bottles. Not too bad, really. Plenty for most people. I would buy some grolsch ones if I were you though, they come with two pints of free beer as well :p

Archived