ibanez atk300 coil selector...

bohemoth

• Members

I am talking to someone about buying an ibanez atk300, and he says everything works fine except the coil selector switch, but apparently the preamp works fine. Does it sound like its just a problem with the little toggle switch that I could easily replace or is this a sign that more is probably wrong?

• Members

From someone who owned one for a long time...dont worry about the coil selector switch, on the stock pickups the difference in tone is minimal at best. By the way, I switched out the stock pickup with Bartolini MusicMan pickup and the difference was astounding, it made a good bass great. It was a slap monster. If you dont like that sound, Seymour Duncan makes several models that would have a vintage tone.

• Members

Im just worried about the board being messed up, rather than the switch. i can easily replace the switch but id have a harder time replacing the board. He sent me a picture of the insides so I could see, but it doesnt help much.

img7970ur5.th.jpg

• Members

i am beginning to think this guy doesnt know much about this bass. I'm secretly suspecting that it works fine, he just can't tell the difference.

"like i was saying before, it is an extremely minor 'fault', and was obviously

never neccessary when i played it; though i haven't tinkered with guitars

in a while, i would guess it's the wiring to the switch that is broken, not the

board itself, i could be wrong; the pre-amp works fine as well as the rest of

the guitar; the toggle isn't stuck on anything, further illustrating that it may

be the wiring, not allowing it to change; the toggle switches from the three

positions, but it does not distort the guitar"

Archived