Christmas Gift Ideas for the Inlaws?

Apendecto

• Members

I am stumped thinking about what to get my girlfriend's (of three years) parents for Christmas. I can't think of anything they enjoy and I've asked my girlfriend for ideas...nothing. So what are some generic gift ideas? Last year I got them a gift certificate for a swanky restaurant around town. I'd rather not do this again or just hand them a Best Buy gift card.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Yo.

• Members

that kinda sucks that you have to buy something for them. the way my GF and i take care of that problem is i put from both of us on the gift i buy my parents and she does the same for whatever she gets hers.

I was thinking about something similar: She buys her parents something, from me...and I buy my parents something, from her.

Yo.

• Members

Are they wine drinkers? What about a nice gift basket? Not one that you buy, but one you and your girlfriend can assemble yourselves. Go to a Cost Plus, pick out a nice assortment of wines/cheese/crackers...whatever. Not sure if they're that type. Some are not.

If they like steaks, maybe some Omaha Steaks???

• Members

That's a great idea. Unfortunately, they hardly go anywhere...

Yo.

On the serious side, most decent size cities have day spa's and massage centers. Get the woman a package at the day spa and the man a certificate for some massages. They may not have to go someplace to get this gift.

• Members

Are they wine drinkers? What about a nice gift basket? Not one that you buy, but one you and your girlfriend can assemble yourselves. Go to a Cost Plus, pick out a nice assortment of wines/cheese/crackers...whatever. Not sure if they're that type. Some are not.

That's a great idea. Thanks.

Yo.

• Members

Coffee baskets

Like the wine basket as mentioned, but with different types of coffees from around the world. I gave my one of my ex gf parents one several years ago and they loved it. I think Costco sells them and Fred Meyer as well.

If all else fails, there is always liquor...

• Members

I managed at a world market for quite awhile and this is a pretty popular idea. Go for it, can't really go wrong. It'll be especially nice if you live near one of the stores with the refrigeration units, so you can pick out some other neat molds too.

Archived