Some days you just feel old...

chubrocker

• Members

I'm only 37, but some days I just feel like I'm 80! In the last two weeks, I've had too many instances where I just feel old and out-of-it. I work at a college, so maybe that's why! he he

These just happened in the last two days:

I asked a student worker to "xerox" some things for me. She had no idea what I was talking about!

Another student had a stocking cap with a Ramones patch on it. I started singing "Blitzkrieg Bop." He wanted to know what I was singing. I told him the Ramones!----"the band that is on your cap!" He didn't know they were a band. Then, I joked with him that he was a "poser" for wearing the cap. So, of course I had to educate him on the term "poser."

:freak:

• Members

I have to watch what I wear at work nowadays. I teach at a youth corrections facility in Woodburn, Oregon. Apparently, Dickies, Carhartt and Timberland brand clothing is popular with gang-bangers. I was wondering why so many of my young gentlemen were paying me compliments on my clothes. :D

(sips Old-Fashioned, sits back in rocker, watches 'Matlock' on TV with rabbit ears...)

• Members

I was nearly beat up by a posse for having a Pink Floyd patch on my jacket (called me a 'queer' because of the word pink) and I'm only 17

First, the need to have the crap beat out of them for gay-bashing, and only then, second, do they need to be educated about Pink Floyd.

• Members

No need to apologize, but your parents !!! :mad:

I just feel old when i talk with a 18 guy or gal, which reply "vous". You don't have this problem in english language, because you say "you" for all situations. But in french, to translate "you", you can say "Tu" when you are friends, collegue, intimate... But you say "Vous" when you talk with people you don't know, or when ... you talk to people older than you (when i say okder, i mean one generation step). So when a "young" guy or gals reply "Vous", when you say "Tu", it's kind of respect about age difference .. But i'm only 35 !!! :cry:

• Members

I'm only 37, but some days I just feel like I'm 80! In the last two weeks, I've had too many instances where I just feel old and out-of-it. I work at a college, so maybe that's why! he he

These just happened in the last two days:

I asked a student worker to "xerox" some things for me. She had no idea what I was talking about!

Another student had a stocking cap with a Ramones patch on it. I started singing "Blitzkrieg Bop." He wanted to know what I was singing. I told him the Ramones!----"the band that is on your cap!" He didn't know they were a band. Then, I joked with him that he was a "poser" for wearing the cap. So, of course I had to educate him on the term "poser."

i also work in a college. im 23. and i feel so old.

stupid kids.

• Members

Oh the irony... I was going to post about feeling old and it took me 3 tries to remember my password.

This morning I used the phrase "Hey, I guess I didn't get the memo" and then I wondered if anyone gets "memos" any more. Emails yes. But memos?

Archived