You said ho, ho, ho and that's not appropriate...

chris-dax

• Members

A 70-year-old man working as Santa Claus says he was sacked from a Cairns department store for saying "ho, ho, ho" and singing Christmas carols.

In a case of political correctness seemingly gone mad, retired entertainer John Oakes says he was fired from his job at Myer for his rendition of Santa

• Members

so im wondering when they are gonna outlaw FARTS???? i mean im sure these people are offended by them also. why the hell is everyone so up tight nowadays? just cause a couple people find it offensive doesn't make it wrong. but i guess they should spoil it for everyone.

What will Christmas be like with out all my HO's?

• Members

This is an absolute joke. He should have said "pork chop" instead. Oh, wait. That's not PC either.

Clearly an actionable and egregious case of multicultural persecution against the beautifully diverse tapestry we know as Hispanic....

he wasn't saying Ho, Ho, Ho....he was saying Jo, Jo, Jo....

why does Meyer/Westaff hate brown people...buncha frikkin' Hispanophobe m'fers :mad:

• Members

A 70-year-old man working as Santa Claus says he was sacked from a Cairns department store for saying "ho, ho, ho" and singing Christmas carols.

In a case of political correctness seemingly gone mad, retired entertainer John Oakes says he was fired from his job at Myer for his rendition of Santa

• Members

The old fart couldn't follow the rules and he got fired. Oh well. Stupid rules, yes, but a condition of his employment, obviously. He {censored}ed up. Now he will have to find another minimum wage Santa gig, maybe he can find one where the rules are more understandable. Or one where he can accept tips.

You forgot to bold the part that says:

But [bert Jansz] back-pedalled on the decree yesterday, saying Westaff Santas were not banned from using the term.

Can't fire someone for breaking the rules and then say the rule doesn't exist!

• Members

You forgot to bold the part that says:

Can't fire someone for breaking the rules and then say the rule doesn't exist!

So maybe it wasn't ok before, but now it is. Tempest in a teapot. If it means anything to you boycott the store.

If I get a parking ticket for parking someplace where it was forbidden 2 weeks ago, but now it's ok, do I get my money back?

• Members

So maybe it wasn't ok before, but now it is. Tempest in a teapot. If it means anything to you boycott the store.

If I get a parking ticket for parking someplace where it was forbidden 2 weeks ago, but now it's ok, do I get my money back?

It says they "were not banned from using the term." Not "They were banned from using the term, but have since decided to lift the ban." THAT might imply that he was fired for breaking the rules, and the rules were changed afterwards. But if they're saying that they weren't banned from using it in the first place, it isn't grounds for firing someone. Unless he was only saying "Ho ho ho" when looking at women, and "Ha ha ha" the rest of the time.

• Members

"His employer, Westaff, last month sparked national outrage when it ordered its Santas to say "ha, ha, ha" instead of "ho, ho, ho" because it could be derogatory to women but denied the words were a factor in Mr Oakes

Archived