Neo Paks for $410

catphish

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
wow..1 left again.

Not any more.

I hate this thread. I don't need another bass amp, but have a hard time resisting a great deal. I managed to resist for the duration of the initial auction, but I just popped in for a second, clicked on this thread since it had been bumped recently, and clicked the most recent link. I just got home long enough to extract my 750 from my tangled stack of amps at home so I can take it over to where I'm going to be playing, thinking wouldn't it be nice to have a little amp that had the sound I like that I could just grab and go, since I won't be playing long...

Now what am I going to sell? :freak:

• Members

Ok, I snagged one of these. I've located a Schroder 1212R for $500. I'm trying to lighten my load. Right now I play through an SWR Silverado. It sounds good, but it is more weight than I want to deal (see other threads). The SWR has covered everything I have played so far. I just need some reassurance that I have done a good thing for a skosh over $900. When I'm convinced, the SWR is on the block. Anybody have any idea what it might sell for?

• Members

Ok, I snagged one of these. I've located a Schroder 1212R for $500. I'm trying to lighten my load. Right now I play through an SWR Silverado. It sounds good, but it is more weight than I want to deal (see other threads). The SWR has covered everything I have played so far. I just need some reassurance that I have done a good thing for a skosh over $900. When I'm convinced, the SWR is on the block. Anybody have any idea what it might sell for?

Try searching closed auctions on eBay to get a feel for the going price.

• Members

I have a Schroeder 1212R that I have been using with my GBE600...In fact I got it for the same price as yours. AND I also picked up one of these Neopaks!

I think you will be very impressed with the Schroeder/GB combo. The 1212 have a very full sound and the GB has plenty of juice to get lots of volume.

• Members

Got mine yesterday, jammed with some guys today. Surprisingly loud. Powered an Ampeg Isovent, a 4X12, and a Hartke 4X10 (2 Ohm version amp - yay!). With a little fine tuning of the gain + volume knobs I was able to get it plenty loud with all those speakers without any noticeable clipping of the power section. Made some quick recordings using the DI post EQ, sounded great! One of the guys remarked it sounded almost exactly like my GBE750. Very happy. Then I grabbed it in one hand, bass in the other, and walked home. That was nice. Too bad everyone is sold of out the bags.

I've got 5 bass amps, and 3 guitar amps. That's 8 more amps than I have bands. :cry:

• Members

I totally understand, but make sure that's what you want to do first. Seriously. I know how much I liked the Neopak over the 600 I played personally...

well I really dig the tube channel on the 1200 but don't care for the fet channel so I figured the Neo with it's tube might be just what I want. I will know within an hour if it isn't though.

Dan

• Members

Hi guys, I bought one of these based on this thread and just wanted to say thanks. It arrived yesterday!

I'm digging the features on it, but right now there is quite a snow storm so I can't get it to my band's practice space to try it out proper with my cabs. I'll have to settle for running the line out into my Roland Bass Cube in my apartment.

Archived