BC Rich Mockingbird on Aussie Ebay

Benjamin

• Members

Thinking I might pull the trigger on this baby, gotta be quick though:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/1981-B-C-Rich-Mockingbird-Bass_W0QQitemZ260189519221QQihZ016QQcategoryZ38078QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Seller states it is an '81, but it looks more recent. Either way, given ANY age of a neckthru BC with DiMarzio pickups, is that about a right price? Aussie dollars of course.

• Members

Bump!

It passed in at auction and I let it go. I couldn't find enough information from the Internet or from communities like HCBF to tell me that it was going to be a decent purchase.

I would definitely love a vintage USA Warlock, with the extra laminates and preamp and so on. Is this NJ is one step just below that, and still a very desirable bass, or am I best looking for a new NT Heritage, if that is the equivalent of this "80s" Japanese model. The newer heritage have the extra neck through stripes.

• Members

Benjamin: I do believe active american warlocks are very very rare. Most all have been just passive option that I know of. The new NT warlocks however are very very nice & have nice 2 band active preamp. Theyve also released a NT widow bass. Would diff say that overall the NT and NJ Classic line is every bit as good as the americans. Had a custom american warlock bass. Likes my NJ Classic Mockingbird better actually.

• Members

You would be talking about the modern NJ models though, rather than the "vintage 80s Japanese" NJ model?

Either way, the one listed doesn't quite cut it when I look further. Maybe I'll have a rare one one day, in the meantime a Rickenbacker is much more important :)

Archived