question for those who are 6' or 6'1" tall

mobass

• Members

I'm a little over 6'1", and I used to wear jeans that were 34" in length(although that was 10 years ago). I just bought some new jeans that were 30's. I know I havent shrank, I was at the doctor last week and got measured. Have jeans gotten smaller? Any else notice this?

• Members

I've done this a couple of times now and found some jeans now come in variable leg lengths S,M,L.

I've accidentally picked up some with small legs and when I got home found that they looked like I'd borrwed my little brothers jeans! I always try them on now before I walk out the store. Live and learn I guess.

• Members

I've found that the measurements printed on the label of jeans these days are greatly variable. My guess is that it has to do with so many being made in different factories in different countries at different times. :confused:

For some odd reason, in my experience it seems that there's more variability in the waist measurements than the length - as I can't remember buying a pair of jeans in any length other than 34. Waist for me is usually 32 or 34, with room to spare. Perhaps some of what you're experiencing has to do with if the jeans are designed to sit at the waist vs. below the waist?

• Members

I'm a little over 6'1", and I used to wear jeans that were 34" in length(although that was 10 years ago). I just bought some new jeans that were 30's. I know I havent shrank, I was at the doctor last week and got measured. Have jeans gotten smaller? Any else notice this?

dude, I am 5'10" or so. I have been wearing 32-34's for as long as I can remember ( 32's for wearing converse allstars. 34 for boots.) are you sure you are 6'1"?

• Members

I'm 6'2". I used to wear 34" inseams, now they are 32". I haven't shrunk. But I have started to wear jeans stylistically different than I used to, and I definitely know that at the price point of the jeans I buy, there is a lot of variation in measurements.

• Members

The difference in rise account for the difference in inseam length. I have mine custom made.

I dont get it... inseam means from the apex of the crotch to the end... what would rise have to do with it?

I've worn 34-34 for years now, and it seems like the 34-34's I just bought are 4" too long. I smell conspiracy. Like women's clothes: a size 4 now used to be a size zero etc... Why are they doing this to us?

I blame Bush:mad:

• Moderators

I dont get it... inseam means from the apex of the crotch to the end... what would rise have to do with it?

True, but from crotch to waistband is the rise. If you have 4 extra inches in the rise, your 34" inseam will be 4" too long unless you hike the waistband up higher than before.

Maybe you fools are buying crappy pants? I don't know. :poke:

:D

• Moderators

You have your jeans custom made? Dweeb.

I'm 5'9" and I wear a 32" inseam.

C7

I actually don't have jeans made. I have had one pair in the last 13 years. I am currently wearing them though. They were purchased for me 2.5 years ago. I am thinking about getting a few more pairs, but they would probably be custom made. All my work pants are and I can't think of a good reason not to have pants that fit as well. Don't hate me because I'm stylish and gay.

• Members

dude, I am 5'10" or so. I have been wearing 32-34's for as long as I can remember ( 32's for wearing converse allstars. 34 for boots.) are you sure you are 6'1"?

I'm 6'5 and wear a 34 leg.

But I also have a proportionally long torso, which is where a lot of my height is, I have to wear tall sized shirts, otherwise it looks like I'm wearing a belly top. :mad:

• Members

I actually don't have jeans made. I have had one pair in the last 13 years. I am currently wearing them though. They were purchased for me 2.5 years ago. I am thinking about getting a few more pairs, but they would probably be custom made. All my work pants are and I can't think of a good reason not to have pants that fit as well. Don't hate me because I'm stylish and gay.

Honestly, if I could get my jeans custom made I probably would do it. It's hard to find jeans that fit me, 38" waist 32" inseam. I have to wear a belt to keep my pants up no matter what brand, but 36" waists fit to tightly.

What I really need to do is more sit-ups and stop eating cheeseburgers for a while.:D

C7

Archived