Why bother with a Light Weight Amp?

D Aussie

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

+ 1000 try loading that heavy {censored} on a scooter or on the subway in a crazy dense city like Seoul! If the bass amp isn't provided, I can carry a 1x10 speaker and a little Powerblock (to use as a stage monitor) along with my bass on my scooter or on the subway and I am good to go! After 3 or 4 hours the thought of loading out a big rig is not one that appeals to me even if I was back home with a van!

Even without the scooter aspect, there are at least two venues here locally that you basically park around the back of the building and have to bring your stuff all the way around the building to get in -- there's no way at all to load in through the front -- and then when you get in, you've got to bring it all the way to the back of the building again. One of them has stairs at two points and the other has a wooden deck that'll pretty much destroy the chance of wheeling anything with standard casters on it. It takes me about seven trips to load in at one of those places and that makes a simple load-in turn into thirty minutes just to get all your {censored} in the door!

• Members

That's why I have a 210 and 212 setup. Only use what you need, when you need.

I'm considering swapping the M-Pulse for a Walkabout and just getting a power amp for the bigger stuff when I need it. The guy who sold me these cabs did that very same thing, except it was a Walkabout Scout 15" combo and the 212 with a QSC amp.

Archived