Bass8987

• Members

20070921liquidassets1.JPG

122837685_068459b978.jpg

Ingredients:

3 scoops Vanilla ice-cream

1 bottle Guinness stout

Mixing instructions:

Put the ice cream in first, then add the Guinness carefully. Wait for the head to go down then fill to top. Blend if you want a milkshake.

Anybody try this before? I might give it a shot this weekend.

• Moderators

Never use Guiness from a bottle. It must be from the tap. A few months back I helped a local journalist locate a tavern that would actually make one for him and not find the concept sacrilegious. His article was about how this is a new fad, but it is hard to find places to do it right. Who has Guiness on tap and serves ice cream and won't find the idea unfit for consumption?

• Members

I was at the Rogue brewery a couple weekends ago and they have something similar with their chocolate stout. It was absolut{censored}inglutely delicious. They also have something called a "snickers" which is their Chocolate Stout and Hazelnut Brown nectar..once again a winner. This and they had the Brewer on tap, my alltime favorite. Of course none of you would know anything about it as it isn't bottled and only sold at the brewery:D

Dan

• Members

I was at the Rogue brewery a couple weekends ago and they have something similar with their chocolate stout. It was absolut{censored}inglutely delicious. They also have something called a "snickers" which is their Chocolate Stout and Hazelnut Brown nectar..once again a winner. This and they had the Brewer on tap, my alltime favorite. Of course none of you would know anything about it as it isn't bottled and only sold at the brewery:D

Dan

Once again.... where in Oregon?

• Members

20070921liquidassets1.JPG
122837685_068459b978.jpg

Ingredients:

3 scoops Vanilla ice-cream

1 bottle Guinness stout

Mixing instructions:

Put the ice cream in first, then add the Guinness carefully. Wait for the head to go down then fill to top. Blend if you want a milkshake.

Anybody try this before? I might give it a shot this weekend.

:freak:

• Members

you can mix guinness with a bunch of other drinks. some of them are even good.

there is a local bar that serves half guinness and half purple haze. it isn't bad. other drinks include guinness/lemonade, guinness/coke, guinness/champagne, etc....

bottoms up

:thu:

• Members

you can mix guinness with a bunch of other drinks. some of them are even good.

there is a local bar that serves half guinness and half purple haze. it isn't bad. other drinks include guinness/lemonade, guinness/coke, guinness/champagne, etc....

bottoms up

:thu:

Ah, the Pink Panther, I love those things. My wife's favorite is the Poor Man's Black Velvet, Guinness and Cider.

Other variations, the Black and Blue(PBR), the Black and Orange(Yuengling), are also pretty good.

• Members

Just don't ever ask for one in Ireland
:D

Bull{censored}.

I had a half and half in Dublin. That's what the guy called a Harp and Guinness. When asked what a black and tan was, he replied, "A Guinness and Smithwick's."

When asked what a Guinness and Bass was, he responded, "Bloody blasphemy is what that is."

The same is true of the Irish Car Bomb. Sure, some bartenders will find that offensive, but most find the humor in it and will gladly serve it up.

• Members

Bull{censored}.

I had a half and half in Dublin. That's what the guy called a Harp and Guinness. When asked what a black and tan was, he replied, "A Guinness and Smithwick's."

When asked what a Guinness and Bass was, he responded, "Bloody blasphemy is what that is."

The same is true of the Irish Car Bomb. Sure, some bartenders will find that offensive, but most find the humor in it and will gladly serve it up.

It's not that it's horribly offensive (though plenty find it so, especially in the North...Galway, which is in the West, in particular still has very bad memories or the Black and Tans) it's just that it's not actually an Irish drink. It's an Irish-American drink...

I found plenty of people who didn't know what the hell it was. Most Irishmen I've mentioned it around looked at me like I was speaking gibberish...The only ones who knew what it was were folks familiar with American tourists...

And yeah, the only reason you see Guinness and Bass, is because Bass is owned by the same company as Guinness. I found more people who were familiar with ordering a Smithwick's with a Guinness head than a half and half/black and tan.

Archived