Do you say Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays ??????????

boogiebassbill

• Moderators

I generally say Merry Christmas, unless I'm at a Hanukkah celebration. Those same people call me and wish me a Merry Christmas. I'm not sure why there should be any fuss over someone wishing another well, even if it's not the holiday celebrated by the other party.

• Members

I have
NEVER
said "Happy Holidays" even once in my life. I don't know why I ever would say it.

I've never said it either, I think it sounds cheesy. I usually say "Happy Christmas". Not that I believe in any of that tripe, I just say it because well I've said it all my life. It doesn't help growing up in a largely catholic country and a catholic household.

• Members

I have
NEVER
said "Happy Holidays" even once in my life. I don't know why I ever would say it.

I've said it before Thanksgiving to people I'm not expecting to see until after the New Year.

In the US, Christmas is officially a national, secular holiday as well as a non-governmental, religious holiday...If you're not a Christian, assume I'm wishing you well on the former, not the latter...

• Members

I've said it before Thanksgiving to people I'm not expecting to see until after the New Year.

In the US, Christmas is officially a national, secular holiday as well as a non-governmental, religious holiday...If you're not a Christian, assume I'm wishing you well on the former, not the latter...

The argument that Christmas is "officially" a secular holiday simply doesn't wash with the folks who complain about it. If you want the holiday to truly be secular, rename it to something other than a shortened form of "Christ's Mass". Calling it secular does not make it so. Would the Pope suddenly become non-Catholic if US lawmakers declared him "secular"? Of course not.

Of course, there's people who's still complain if you wished them "Merry December 25th".

• Members

The argument that Christmas is "officially" a secular holiday simply doesn't wash with the folks who complain about it. If you want the holiday to truly be secular, rename it to something other than a shortened form of "Christ's Mass". Calling it secular does not make it so.

Tough {censored}. I didn't name it, nor do I have the power to rename it.

There is a secular, national holiday named Christmas. That is fact, whether it "washes" with someone or not.

I am hoping they have a good time on that national, secular holiday...Any problems they have are with congress, not me.

• Members

:mad:

You are sofa king politically correct, sir!!!

*but I enjoy your company, kk*

:p

Archived