Wrecked my car...

Spin Cycle

• Members

Considering how much you Americans love your tanks (aka SUVs) I would just be bloody happy to be alive ... glad to see you're maintaining such a positive philosophical attitude.
:)

Being thankful for my life (I stepped on the gas at the last minute and changed it from a T-bone to almost a side-swipe) combined with the adrenaline of being hit by something that large kept me giggling like a schoolgirl while I exchanged information with the tank-operator.

• Members

My fault, too. {censored}. My little honda didn't stand a chance against that giant SUV. This is going to eat up the money I was going to spend on a genz benz rig
:cry:

Haven't I told you NOT to do what I do????

Edit: seriously Glad you're ok. The last accident I was in was declared No fault, which meant the car that hit mine had to pay for my damage, but I had to pay all my own.

I was just happy I didn't have to pay for anyone else.

• Members

Let me guess: the roads were slippery; the SUV was on worn out all-season rubber (hey, no reason for proper snow tires...I've got 4WD bitches!); maybe the driver was even gabbing on a cell phone. Then he suddenly had to bring his 5000 lbs. behemoth to a stop. Too bad you were in the way.

When I used to live in Canada, I was amazed at how few people used 4WD and how few SUV's and pickup trucks there were on the roads. Even in the dead of winter, people drove "normal" cars...they just invested a few bucks in good snow tires and went about their business.

But here in suburban America, everyone needs an SUV or full-ton pickup to pick up a Coke at the local 7-Eleven :rolleyes: Then they're shocked to find out that these monsters are difficult to control at high speeds when things go wrong.

Who ever thought that massive curb weight, poor weight distribution, wallowing suspension, and low-grip tires was a good combination for a passenger car :confused:

Archived