What Makes Superbad Funny?

Apendecto

• Members

I laughed like twice during the whole movie. Granted, I watched the extended version, but man did it drag on. I was hoping the movie would end when pube head got hit by a car. To me, this movie was Clerks on Monostat 7.

Yo.

To be honest, I don't like this "extended version" stuff. They did it to Knocked Up and 40 Y/O Virgin, and it takes away from the final cut. If it was good enough for theaters, it should be good enough for DVD.

• Members

To be honest, I don't like this "extended version" stuff. They did it to Knocked Up and 40 Y/O Virgin, and it takes away from the final cut. If it was good enough for theaters, it should be good enough for DVD.

That often depends, a lot of times the "extended version" is actually the "intended version" but they had to remove scenes for the ratings board.

• Members

That often depends, a lot of times the "extended version" is actually the "intended version" but they had to remove scenes for the ratings board.

True. Some of the scenes though just feel "plugged in" as opposed to the actual flow of the movie. Makes it more choppy.

• Members

True. Some of the scenes though just feel "plugged in" as opposed to the actual flow of the movie. Makes it more choppy.

Yeah, it depends a lot on the movie. I hate the directors cut/extended version of Donnie Darko, its horrible. But Knocked Up, which was funny already, would have been even better if the Brokeback scene would have been left in. I have seen the extended Superbad, so I don't have an opinion on that aspect of it, yet.

• Members

Either you're a nerdy kid that relates to the characters and situations and finds the movie funny, or you're cool, get laid a lot, and thought it was lame. I wish I thought it was lame, but I laughed all the way through it.

+1. I haven't seen the movie, but I remember being those kids.

• Members

I liked the dialogue. It actually seemed like it was written by teenage boys. You don't really get that too often. Most kids in movies talk like their lines were written by 40 year olds.

This line is what makes the movie:

"You know the funny think about my back Jewels is...it's located on my cock"

Dan

• Members

I haven't seen it yet but i would like to

It's worth it for sure.

I love it. I even saw Knocked Up 3 times in the movies (w/ 3 diff girls! :freak:) and even though it's a "romantic" comedy, it's outta control.

Superbad from the get go pulls no punches. :)

• Members

It's worth it for sure.

I love it. I even saw Knocked Up 3 times in the movies (w/ 3 diff girls!
:freak:
) and even though it's a "romantic" comedy, it's outta control.

Superbad from the get go pulls no punches.
:)

I thought Knocked Up was better even though it was the storybook fairytale plot.

I had an argument with someone at work (who suggested this movie) saying I was in the minority of people who don't like Superbad. I guess he was right...but I won't tell him that.

Yo.

• Members

it takes a pretty low-bro sense of humour... there were a couple of genuinely funny parts, but overall the mindless sex jokes outweighed the good parts
:o

I remember talking just like that when I was in HS... to each his own I guess. I enjoyed it because it really covered the "every man" highschool student, not just the jocks or the cool kids.

The cop bits with McLovin, while awesome, were less highschool and more ridiculous. Keep in mind, the Michael Cera and Jonah Hill characters were based on Seth Rogen and his friend from grade school

Archived