Just walked 3 miles in the rain

Optimus Prime

• Members

{censored}! Left school started walking home, 5 minutes after I left it started pouring. I grabbed some houses newspaper and used the plastic bag to cover my iPod and phone with. Got home soaking wet. Took my clothes and shoes off and just left them by the door. Most of the {censored} in my bookbag is {censored}ed. I can't afford that with my 5 B's, a D and an F. My iPod still works. I tried using my phone and it's gone I think, and Sprint won't fix it if they suspect water damage. I'm already sick and this sure as hell won't help.

C7 will laugh his ass off if he reads this. Him and his love of cold weather. I'd much rather walk home in the rain than in snow. But both suck.

• Members

{censored}! Left school started walking home, 5 minutes after I left it started pouring. I grabbed some houses newspaper and used the plastic bag to cover my iPod and phone with. Got home soaking wet. Took my clothes and shoes off and just left them by the door. Most of the {censored} in my bookbag is {censored}ed. I can't afford that with my 5 B's, a D and an F. My iPod still works. I tried using my phone and it's gone I think, and Sprint won't fix it if they suspect water damage. I'm already sick and this sure as hell won't help.

C7 will laugh his ass off if he reads this. Him and his love of cold weather. I'd much rather walk home in the rain than in snow. But both suck.

It could have been worse... somebody could have kicked you in the junk :idk:.

• Members

They are going to have some giant glob of wet newspaper in the morning. But all they have to do to fix that is spray it off with a hose. I had $600 worth of electronic stuff in my pockets. Which is more important?

It is: "Thou Shalt Not Steal"

Not: "Thou Shalt Not Steal unless Thou Hast expensive electronic equipment in thy pockets which thou must protect"

:cop:

:D

• Members

+1 on the phone. Sprint sucks with damage claims. My phone got put through the wash last year and we had to get th BBB involved because Sprint refused to replace it. They eventually did, but it was a huge hassle.

• Members

You covered your phone and iPod, and not your school books? Nice priorities there, chief.

As far as walking in the rain vs. walking in the snow, since you've never walked in the snow you don't know the difference, am I right? See, snow is dry. If you're wearing the proper gear it's not even cold. I've walked miles and miles in blinding snowstorms and when I get home, I take off my coat, shake it off, hang it up, and take off my boots. I'm then totally ready to pop a cold one and sit on my couch. :idea:

I'm telling you, you think you have it good, but you don't know what you're missing, amigo. Snow is WAY easier to deal with than rain.

C7

• Members

Except you might die of exposure if you aren't wearing the right gear in a snow storm...

Same can happen in a rain storm. Remember, it will still rain when it's 33 degrees out, and that's plenty cold to chill you down if you're soaking wet.

I've been caught out in some nasty storms without enough clothing, it sucks. As long as you're in town you can find a warm place. I've been caught on top of a mountain in July and had a freak snowstorm blow in, and had to scurry for lower elevation because I only had a light jacket. Lots of people die from hypothermia in the summer time, especially out here at altitude.

C7

• Members

You covered your phone and iPod, and not your school books? Nice priorities there, chief.

As far as walking in the rain vs. walking in the snow, since you've never walked in the snow you don't know the difference, am I right? See, snow is dry. If you're wearing the proper gear it's not even cold. I've walked miles and miles in blinding snowstorms and when I get home, I take off my coat, shake it off, hang it up, and take off my boots. I'm then totally ready to pop a cold one and sit on my couch.
:idea:

I'm telling you, you think you have it good, but you don't know what you're missing, amigo. Snow is WAY easier to deal with than rain.

C7

I couldn't find anything big enough to cover my bag with. There were no construction sites around to hide out in or to take some plastic sheeting from.

Yeah, I would imagine walking in show wouldn't be so bad. If you have a coat and some boots. I was wearing a Volcom t-shirt, some jeans and some Circa Slip-ons. Nothing protective about any of those so everything got soaked.

I swear one of these winters I will go somewhere with snow and give you a full report.

• Members

They are going to have some giant glob of wet newspaper in the morning. But all they have to do to fix that is spray it off with a hose. I had $600 worth of electronic stuff in my pockets. Which is more important?

The person who pays for that paper doesn't give a damn about your expensive toys.

You plan on walking and you don' bother checking the forecast and carry an umbrella? So it's your own damn fault you're having a miserable day, and you just have to go crapping on someone else's?

Archived