MusicMan SUB - buy or no?

Chairborne

• Members

Never played a real 'Ray. Played this unplugged, felt nice, but not substantially different from my Precisions. Dunno what it sounds like, but I know there's a large contingent of MusicMan fans who say it sounds like nothing else.

It sounds like God on steroids. Get it.

• Members

Never played a real 'Ray. Played this unplugged, felt nice, but not substantially different from my Precisions. Dunno what it sounds like, but I know there's a large contingent of MusicMan fans who say it sounds like nothing else.

It sounds like the first Rage Against the Machine album and the bass lines in RHCP's Aeroplane and Sade's Smooth Operator.:thu:

• Members

Well hey george - still digging the MIM P you sold me awhile back. For some reason the action went all floppy with the strings somehow lowering themselves to the fretboard but I pulled the neck and shimmed it and it plays - once again - like a champ.

Strange thing but easily fixed.

This bass looks not unlike that - with the flat black finish and all. :cool:

• Members

Well hey george - still digging the MIM P you sold me awhile back. For some reason the action went all floppy with the strings somehow lowering themselves to the fretboard but I pulled the neck and shimmed it and it plays - once again - like a champ.

Strange thing but easily fixed.

This bass looks not unlike that - with the flat black finish and all.
:cool:

I'm glad you like it - I'm thinking of painting up another bass like that - the black textured look got alot of compliments while I had it...

As for the action - because they lack the graphite rods of the MIA necks, sometimes lower end Fenders like those require more frequent tweaking of the trussrod... Also, because of the way I prefer my set-ups, when my strings get beat they start getting a bit buzzy - I wouldn't have guessed that it would require shimming, but hey - whatever works...

- georgestrings

Archived