Here's a good deal on an excellent cab...

georgestrings

• Members

Yeah, we know your an Ampeg hater!
:mad:

Not a hater, I'm just not a blind fanboy like *some* are... I've played pretty much every Ampeg rig there is at one time or another - and other than the SVT-HLF series(410 and 610), the rest of 'em sound like ass(mud) to me... Likewise, other than the old SVT tube amps, I find their amps to be over-priced and underpowered... 'course, if you don't mind getting ripped off to sound like crap and be underpowered, be my guest...

I've had the "pleasure" to play on Ampeg provided backlines atleast a couple of hundred times over the years, so I am basing my opinion on actual real world experience - how about you???

Or, are you just gay for Ampeg because you think it's the "in" brand to play???

- georgestrings

• Members

Yeah...I only tried it the once, but with a Firebass on top it absolutely blasted.
:thu:
Easily filled a large venue with bass...in fact it pretty much shook the place apart
:cool:

I only tried it once as well - except with a Sunn Sonaro. Only about 60 or so watts, all tube. I had such clarity with a Jazz bass that it sounded like every note was actually someone striking a bell, not playing a bass. I wonder what a Rick would have sounded like through that thing. Exceptionally punchy and still the standard I compare others to. It's also exceptionally heavy though.

Archived