no more gigs this year.

jonathan_matos5

• Members

Shame on you!

I had my second snow storm gig today! Suck it up!
:mad:

Hahahaha!

Kindness and bpocall made it down to help me move today, in spite of the snow. Really wasn't bad, although we had to shovel a couple times. So what? It's winter in Chicago. That's life. I grew up in Erie. There, they get 130" a year, and it could easily be a 3-foot snow fall, not 6 inch!

• Members

Hahahaha!

Kindness and bpocall made it down to help me move today, in spite of the snow. Really wasn't bad, although we had to shovel a couple times. So what? It's winter in Chicago. That's life. I grew up in Erie. There, they get 130" a year, and it could easily be a 3-foot snow fall, not 6 inch!

Yeah, I mean everything was cleared up by today, but {censored}! My toes were wet just about all day from loading {censored} in, getting in and out, etc, etc. Still a lot of snow in the south side. :(

• Members

That's what I don't get about people that bitch about snow, especially in Denver. I've never considered it to be more than a minor nuisance, but some folks refuse to even leave their house when it's snowing. If you've seen one snowstorm, you've seen them all, so why let it ruin your day, right?

As far as gigs go, none for me at all right now, but I should find out this week if I got the spot in Yerkish. If so, I'll have to cram for a show on February 9th.

C7

• Members

A couple weeks ago they were calling for 2"-3" overnight. I rolled out of bed only to discover my backyard had got 2'-3'. Made me about 40 minutes late for class. :mad:

But, I too am out of gigs for the year. I had three different choir concerts, concert band, and jazz band concerts withing the last 2 weeks. I'm glad to be done. :thu:

• Members

You guys have it easy. We just finished 2 shows, one Friday in a sports bar and one Saturday opening for Wade Bowen. We have 2 shows this weekend on Saturday and Sunday, and then we have a New Year's Eve show. Possibly one on the 29th. So while you guys are relaxing, I will be playing my butt off. Good thing these are all paying gigs.

• Members

No more gigs for me this year, but we're back at it on January 5th.

I'm looking forward to the down time actually...heading to sunny South Florida next week for 8 days of R&R.

The new year should be a good one as I plan to be working two projects...one in YFC...and the other playing originals with one of the singers in my band as a side project. We're having our first rehearsal tonight in Chicago.

Archived