OT: Another Rant/blog (But a little less bad).............

Funkee1

• Members

Ok. As you all know, I am currently an employee at Wal- Mart, in the Electronics dept.

We sell pre-paid cellular phones by the boatload.

There are several (probably illegal) Mexicans and Middle Easterners who buy them, some of which use reseller numbers, so they are tax exempt.

Two things about this:

1) Shouldn't Wal-Mart forbid these resellers??? Maybe they can't, but I am sure they could get better pricing if they'd just contact the companies and become dealers. WTF??????

2) Where is the office of Homeland security when you need them? I am sure most of the people buying these phones are perfectly legit. I have it on great authority that what they doi is seperate the package, and sell all the individual components- phone, battery, charger, etc- individually, in Mexico. But seriously........doesn't buying multiple pre- paid cell phones look really suspicious to anyone else?????

Our store will only allow them to buy two at a time, so the entire Patel family will come in and buy two each.

Am I just racial profiling, or am I right???

I apologize if I offend anyone with this, but seriously.......shouldn't someone be looking into this?????

• Members

What does it take to get a resale I.D. or just some random made up #'s ? So they get out of paying tax right ? And they are maybe getting out of customs duties if they carry into the Country ? Maybe they have a passport ? Could be some Breaking of the law goings on . WalMArt they abide the laws right ? :lol: Oh and some companies only sell to dealers i.e. walmart and will not just give anyone the dealer price is "retail" the correct term here ???

• Members

What does it take to get a resale I.D. or just some random made up #'s ? So they get out of paying tax right ? And they are maybe getting out of customs duties if they carry into the Country ? Maybe they have a passport ? Could be some Breaking of the law goings on . WalMArt they abide the laws right ?
:lol:
Oh and some companies only sell to dealers i.e. walmart and will not just give anyone the dealer price is "retail" the correct term here ???

Yeah. Retail.....

To get a tax ID number, you have to have abusiness licensce, so I am sure most of those are legit (to an extent)......

• Members

Yeah. Retail.....

To get a tax ID number, you have to have abusiness licensce, so I am sure most of those are legit (to an extent)......

yup you need one if you earn money and should probably paying taxes , cashing business checks etc.etc. ? I forget all the details I think Los Angels has it own tax for a small business , IIRC you need to earn more than 10k a year to actually have to owe anything , but mean while you can start a business making soap , cutting grass , selling high end electronics etc.etc., what's that cost like 25 bucks for that document ? And save paying tax. Anyone can do it right . Is it a smuggling ring , yeah I think it is , so that means the 2 Countries are probably losing money among other things .

Archived