ive got mac and microsoft on the same network now...

jonathan_matos5

• Members

my linksys router was giving me an F you thats a mac error:mad:

apparently i cannot use firefox on a mac to setup the router
:lol:

that's because macs are the suxorz.

:poke:

.........ducks and runs out of room insanely fast.......

• Members

I have a lynksis router and a PC and my Mac and had no trouble setting up the system itself. I did have problems figuring out the whole password locking stuff but I got it figured it out. The lynksis will lock up every couple of days as well and I have to unplug and replug it back in to get the internet back.

Dan

• Members

I have a lynksis router and a PC and my Mac and had no trouble setting up the system itself. I did have problems figuring out the whole password locking stuff but I got it figured it out. The lynksis will lock up every couple of days as well and I have to unplug and replug it back in to get the internet back.

Dan

same here i think i should have spent more than $30 for a router but i guess this works

• Members

Speaking from experience most Linksys routers aren't the greatest. The one exception is the WRT54G, which can be flashed with third party firmware that greatly increases its performance. Cheaping out on a router will just annoy you down the road. I've had the best luck with a couple of different D-Link routers.

• Members

Speaking from experience most Linksys routers aren't the greatest. The one exception is the WRT54G, which can be flashed with third party firmware that greatly increases its performance. Cheaping out on a router will just annoy you down the road. I've had the best luck with a couple of different D-Link routers.

My family has been using the same d-link router for years now. We have to reset it every couple weeks, but it works great:thu:

• Members

That's backwards... D-Link are the cheap ones that will annoy you, and Linksys are quality. Granted, everyone's results may vary, but Linksys is much more known to be quality.

Glad you finally got it working, though. Routers can be a pain sometimes

• Members

If you're bitter about your computing experiences in general, why not just come right out and say it?
:p
Accessing the config page of a router, especially a brand new one, has nothing to do with using Firefox, a Mac, or both at the same time.

Actually I'm not bitter about computing experiences, I do it for a living. I'm just mildly annoyed by those that tout Macs as the solution to everything.

On a more serious note, I've had a problem trying to configure a router with Firefox before as well. The buttons didn't work in the web admin interface.

• Members

Actually I'm not bitter about computing experiences, I do it for a living. I'm just mildly annoyed by those that tout Macs as the solution to everything.

On a more serious note, I've had a problem trying to configure a router with Firefox before as well. The buttons didn't work in the web admin interface.

I'm not one of those guys who calls them a solution for everything, because they aren't, but I am one of those guys who calls them a solution for a number of things...because in a lot of cases they can be. Teaching a non-computer type to use OS X usually is a lot easier for me than showing someone the ins and outs of maintaining an XP system. Most people who I explain how to scan for malware, viruses, etc tend not to retain that information, and they end up with the same problems I showed them how to prevent/deal with all over again. I figure if it's less possible for those problems to crop up, it's a win. Just my opinion, anyway.

Archived