Anybody know anything about the new Tool DVD?

guitargod0dmw

• Members

Tool, Alice in Chains, and a few other bands desperately need to release live DVDs. AiC, especially, I'd like to see something from perhaps three years before Staley died. The Unplugged thing is cool, but not quite as ferocious as their live show was....

• Members

Tool, Alice in Chains, and a few other bands desperately need to release live DVDs. AiC, especially, I'd like to see something from perhaps three years before Staley died. The Unplugged thing is cool, but not quite as ferocious as their live show was....

That would cool. The DVD they have with all of their videos has a bunch a live clips in it...not quite the same, but the closest thing they have out now...

• Members

they do so much cool {censored} with video like their music videos and if they merged that together with the epic style of their albums, i could see them making a really cool album/video thing, like a really long, crazy music video/album

• Members

they do so much cool {censored} with video like their music videos and if they merged that together with the epic style of their albums, i could see them making a really cool album/video thing, like a really long, crazy music video/album

I guess you missed the Lateralus tour...and pretty much every other tour they've done.

• Members

http://toolshed.down.net/news/

This is my go-to for all that is Tool. Really great site. They don't have much to say either...

More info is trickling in about the upcoming "Vicarious" DVD single. Looks like it will have the video (information we've gotten shows a longer running time than the song, though we think this is a typo), audio commentary, possibly behind-the-scenes footage, and some yet-unannounced bonuses. Bonii. Whichever. You get the point.

Yo.

• Members

Yeah they get gheyer by the minute IMO. I swear they have no respect for their fans.

Dan

What brought you to this conclusion? :confused:

I've seen them live a number of times in the last year, always a great show with good production value behind it.

I bought 10,000 days and it's over the top packaging as a new CD for $11.99, that's VERY reasonable for any CD, let alone one with the crazy package. I've felt raped or robbed by many bands over the years, Tool is not one of them. But again, I am curious what your experiences are that differ your opinion to mine so greatly.

• Members

Tell me how it is once you watch it. If I can get it for $9.99 and there's some good bonus stuff included, I might have to buy it.

I'll get to watch it maybe even as early as Boxing Day. Xmas this year is at a friends, there is a few of us who have no family here and another who's family is all going to Vietnam to finalize an adoption, so it'll just be some close friends and some booze this year. :thu:

I see watching the DVD either later Xmas night once we've gone out back for a few green field trips ;), or the morning after when nursing a hang over.

• Members

What brought you to this conclusion?
:confused:

I've seen them live a number of times in the last year, always a great show with good production value behind it.

I bought 10,000 days and it's over the top packaging as a new CD for $11.99, that's VERY reasonable for any CD, let alone one with the crazy package. I've felt raped or robbed by many bands over the years, Tool is not one of them. But again, I am curious what your experiences are that differ your opinion to mine so greatly.

Their shows are good..although they don't compare to the shows they used to do as far as musical content. I'm not saying they rip you off on their live sets but rather their meager offerings in the DVD arena. As far as their packaging; who cares about their packaging? I'm not paying for the packaging, I'm paying for the music. Knock three bucks off the DVD and deflate your ego and give me just a CD in a jewel case and I'd be happy.

Most Tool fans, more often the newer ones, are fanatical idiots from my experience. Tool is the only band that makes fun of people that don't think for themselves yet all their fans follow the band like they are gods and buy anything the band puts out including a one song DVD for 10 bucks. I find that funny. The very thing the band loathes, their own fans do.

Look at Puscifer..it's mediocre at best but people buy it because it's Maynards baby. Maynard charges 80-200 bucks for a bottle of wine made from a nowhere winery in Arizona and links it to Puscifer and people buy it because it's His Winery. I just find the whole situation fascinating.

The fact that Tool put out a DVD with nothing on it but a Music Video and maybe some extra artsy content just humors me. The fact that they are charging 10-15 bucks for it is even funnier.

The last DVD/box set they put out had all of their Music Video's on it and a CD of some live songs. I just wanted the live CD but you couldn't just get that, you had to pay 50 bucks for the whole set which I thought was absolutely lame. I don't give a {censored} about your nonsensical music videos or holier than thou attitude, I like your music so give me something to watch or listen to that people other than you will enjoy.

I think they might take advantage of their fans maniacle need to get close to them. I think they foster it by not putting anything out. So by the time they do put something out, people will buy it..no matter what it is. That's all I'm saying..of course no one will agree with me but to see them go from what they were when they first started, to what they are now bums me out.

Dan

• Members

I do agree with you. I like the band, but I really could care less about the way they go about getting some of their material to us. Why put out a DVD with 1 video on it? I'm not too sure if I'm going to buy it because of that.

I'm sure they could include this on the DVD people would love it!

[YOUTUBE]jKXr40gl9_k[/YOUTUBE]

Dan:thu:

• Members

Their shows are good..although they don't compare to the shows they used to do as far as musical content. I'm not saying they rip you off on their live sets but rather their meager offerings in the DVD arena. As far as their packaging; who cares about their packaging? I'm not paying for the packaging, I'm paying for the music. Knock three bucks off the DVD and deflate your ego and give me just a CD in a jewel case and I'd be happy.

Most Tool fans, more often the newer ones, are fanatical idiots from my experience. Tool is the only band that makes fun of people that don't think for themselves yet all their fans follow the band like they are gods and buy anything the band puts out including a one song DVD for 10 bucks. I find that funny. The very thing the band loathes, their own fans do.

Look at Puscifer..it's mediocre at best but people buy it because it's Maynards baby. Maynard charges 80-200 bucks for a bottle of wine made from a nowhere winery in Arizona and links it to Puscifer and people buy it because it's His Winery. I just find the whole situation fascinating.

The fact that Tool put out a DVD with nothing on it but a Music Video and maybe some extra artsy content just humors me. The fact that they are charging 10-15 bucks for it is even funnier.

The last DVD/box set they put out had all of their Music Video's on it and a CD of some live songs. I just wanted the live CD but you couldn't just get that, you had to pay 50 bucks for the whole set which I thought was absolutely lame. I don't give a {censored} about your nonsensical music videos or holier than thou attitude, I like your music so give me something to watch or listen to that people other than you will enjoy.

I think they might take advantage of their fans maniacle need to get close to them. I think they foster it by not putting anything out. So by the time they do put something out, people will buy it..no matter what it is. That's all I'm saying..of course no one will agree with me but to see them go from what they were when they first started, to what they are now bums me out.

Dan

Nice logic. :bor:

I like Tool a lot, but I'm not buying any of their single videos. Some people do and that's great and that's why Tool puts them out. Maynard went shooting a while back and sold his targets that he shot for 100 bones. People go gaga over it and he makes money. He does it because he can.

Tool is a band that is not making music for it's fans, they are doing what they like. If they only put out cds with one song on it, it would be silly but they don't. As for the box set CD/DVD, it's well worth the $50. The CD is their second best work behind Aenima (No Quarter, Live 3rd Eye, Live Pu{censored} done completely differently, a Peach cover, secret track, etc.) and the DVD had all their videos to date.

As for not putting things out just so they can have people buy them... They make music at their own pace, how they want, when they want. I wish they put out more material because I'm selfish, but I don't blame the band for not doing what I want them to.

Yo.

Archived