New amp on the way..........

Jugghaid

• Members

Nope. It's SS. It's basically a B-4R in a SVT case so you don't have to rackmount the damn thing.

has the tube emulation circuit as well.

you will need a preamp with that.

Whats the go with the section under the controls then.. is it just .. mojo storage space?

:confused:

• Members

How is their tube emulation circuitry?

Eh, nothing to write home about, but it works the way I want it to. Next time I'm up I'll bring my B-4R again (and possibly the "new toy" if it's the end of next month...) and let you play around with it some, since I don't think you got to at the first GTG I was at.

• Members

How is their tube emulation circuitry?

I'll let you know in a day or so. It should be here tomorrow. It's supposed to add a real tubey grit/OD to your tone. I'm kinda spoiled after the all-tube Trace V-type series. They break up beautifully. We'll see how it compares.

If it's not the type of tone I like and the amp provides damn good clean power, I'll throw my V-type preamp either on the front end or in the loop and get that lovely OD that way.

• Members

Really nice!!~!

We shall see. :)

I've played the all tube ampeg stuff and the hybrid stuff, but this is the first all SS bass amp of theirs I have played. I have played and owned some of their all SS guitar amps though and I love their tone.

Especially the VH-140C

• Members

We shall see.
:)

I've played the all tube ampeg stuff and the hybrid stuff, but this is the first all SS bass amp of theirs I have played. I have played and owned some of their all SS guitar amps though and I love their tone.

Especially the VH-140C

Out of their bass amps that I've played through, the B4R is my favorite SS amp of theirs...

Archived