Nice thing at the 'bay for you Entwistle fans!

Mytola

• Members

It's a shame that they sound like pure {censored}. :rolleyes:

[YOUTUBE]TVl39LBZGMw[/YOUTUBE]

Or maybe it's the zillions of flangers, phasers, tasers, and overdrives that he had running that made it sound {censored}ty.

Whatever. He sounded best with a P-bass into Hiwatts. The Alembics into Stramps into Sunns was a distant 2nd.

• Members

It's a shame that they sound like pure {censored}.
:rolleyes:

Or maybe it's the zillions of flangers, phasers, tasers, and overdrives that he had running that made it sound {censored}ty.

Whatever. He sounded best with a P-bass into Hiwatts. The Alembics into Stramps into Sunns was a distant 2nd.

Yeah, it definitely isn't his best. I'd love to hear it clean, as I imagine it would sound pretty good, but the way he's got it set up? :freak:

I love John's Alembic tone, especially on the Who's Last disc. I wonder why that is? ;)

I think his personal best probably came from the Thunderbirds.

• Members

Well, now we'll never know what it went for, someone made the seller an offer and he ended the auction. The seller will also never know what anyone other than the guy he sold it to would have paid for it. Unique, top tier items like that often get bid up through the roof as the auctions draw to a close. :mad:

Archived