Advice on Tires for my SUV

cavy

• Members

Need tires on my Grand Cherokee, going to go get some this afternoon:

Was planning on getting 4 BFG A/T KO's for 630.00 bucks (read good things)

Big O Tires is offering a comparable tire for the same price but with their warranty. (which means if I get a flat and they can't fix it, they'll give me a new one!)

Any advice? HOw many of you have bought Big O brand tires??

Thanks guys!

• Members

I did a BUNCH of research for my 4runner. Are youlooking for an all/terrain or all/season tire? what's your usage?

I will say the AT KOs are good, but noisy and rough compared to an A/S tire. For that reason, I chose the Bridgestone (which I normally HATE) Dueler (which again, wore terrible on the Mrs' CRV) HT Alenza's based on a number of resources (Consumer Reports, 4wheeler magazine) and numerous user reviews. They are flat awesome. Quiet, great in rain and reasonably priced.

The Comparible Revos or AT KOs were about $200 more a set.

• Members

I use my Jeep in the mountains to get wood and things like that, so I am thinking along the lines of an On road/Off road tire. How would the duelers perform?

I didn't take mine off road all that much and, when I did, most of it was pretty tame. They worked well for that stuff but again my experience is pretty limited.

• Members

I put Firestone brand tires on my Pathfinder, can't remember the model off hand, but I've taken that truck up some serious {censored}, and gone through some serious snow, and they've performed beautifully. They're quiet on the highway as well.

They've worn normally over 20,000 miles, I still have about 10,000 more on them before I'll want to replace them, and about another 20,000 before they'll really need to go.

C7

Archived