ive got dead guy ale

jonathan_matos5

• Members

Well make up your own mind. I visit the brewery monthly and get to taste the full range so I may have a different perspective:D

Dan

fair enough.

im just stumbling around trying find a decent brew that i dont have to leave town to get.

i saw it on the shelf at the liquor store and grabbed a 6 pack. i wish a microbrewery would stay open down here :blah:

• Members

Do you know what draft means in this context?

not really but according to wikipedia

"Guinness stout is made from water, barley malt, barley, hops, and brewers yeast. A portion of the barley is flaked (i.e. steamed and rolled) and roasted to give Guinness its dark-ruby colour and characteristic taste. It is pasteurised and filtered. Despite its reputation as a "meal in a glass", Guinness only contains 198 calories (838 kilojoules) per imperial pint (20 fl oz UK) (1460 kJ/l)[citation needed], fewer than an equal-sized serving of skimmed milk or orange juice and most other non-light beers. The water used to brew Guinness comes from Lady's Well in the Wicklow Mountains and the barley is Irish-grown[citation needed].

Draught Guinness and its canned counterpart contain nitrogen (N2) as well as carbon dioxide. Nitrogen is less soluble than carbon dioxide, which allows the beer to be put under high pressure without making it fizzy. The high pressure of dissolved gas is required to enable very small bubbles to be formed by forcing the draught beer through fine holes in a plate in the tap, which causes the characteristic "surge" (the widget in cans and bottles achieves the same effect). The perceived smoothness of draught Guinness is due to its low level of carbon dioxide and the creaminess of the head caused by the very fine bubbles that arise from the use of nitrogen and the dispensing method described above. "Original Extra Stout" contains only carbon dioxide, causing a more acidic taste.

Contemporary Guinness Draught and Extra Stout are weaker than they were in the 19th century, when they had an original gravity of over 1.070. Foreign Extra Stout and Special Export Stout, with ABV over 7%, are perhaps closest to the original in character.[1]

Although Guinness may appear to be black, it is officially a very dark shade of ruby."

so nitrogen:confused: in the bottle:confused:

• Members

I forgot they put draught guinness on the cans, basically it means how its served at a bar via a hand or electric pump and mixed with nitrogen.

I thought you had brought a keg or something!

i wish i had enough money to buy me a keg but until i find "the official brew of JM5" ill stick to 6 packs:thu:

• Members

Photo5.jpg

here is the verdict
:thu:
it is quite tasty (even the after burp)
:D

willsellout you are a lucky bastage to be able to go to the brewery and try more of their stuff.

Yeah, I've been there until closing a few times.

Good times.

Archived