Which Bass To Buy?

cavernplayer

• Members

Personally, I'd do the P. Don't think you can miss too badly with any of them but, to me, the P feels and plays the best out of the three.

There isn't even a P bass there :freak:

A ray will play like a more funky P, and the 4003 as you know is kind of an extreme P tone.

So if it were me... i'd prolly go for the 'ray as well! But if your expanding your tone bank... maybe the Stiletto?

• Members

Yup...Ray' no question. I don't think the Schecter is even in the same league as the others. They make a nice bass, it's just not like a MM. Consider a Warwick Thumb as well...

I thought the same since the MM costs about four times more, but I don't like the Corvettes.

• Members

but I don't like the Corvettes.

I never liked any Warwicks, then I bought this Thumb 5 for a killer deal, and I really like it. It sounds awesome and plays pretty well too. I haven't played enough of their others models to make a fair judgment on them, but the Vettes that I have played I didn't really like.

• Members

I never liked any Warwicks, then I bought this Thumb 5 for a killer deal, and I really like it. It sounds awesome and plays pretty well too. I haven't played enough of their others models to make a fair judgment on them, but the Vettes that I have played I didn't really like.

The Corvette's have horrible balance issues. The Streamer and the Thumb (if you have a long reach) work for me the best.

Dan

• Members

Both sound great..the Stingray edges it out in quality to me though.

Dan

How so? I've not seen a stiletto that was not absolutely 100%. They are well-made, great fit-and-finish, and offer (in my opinion) a much more useable range of sounds.... I've never played a stingray that I wanted to own, they look great on the shelf, though.... it is a personal thing, so make sure you try out all your options and choose based on your preferences. I was going to drop $2000+ on a bass when I found the Schecter and haven't regretted my decision a bit....... plus it looks cooler IMHO

• Members

How so? I've not seen a stiletto that was not absolutely 100%. They are well-made, great fit-and-finish, and offer (in my opinion) a much more useable range of sounds.... I've never played a stingray that I wanted to own, they look great on the shelf, though.... it is a personal thing, so make sure you try out all your options and choose based on your preferences. I was going to drop $2000+ on a bass when I found the Schecter and haven't regretted my decision a bit....... plus it looks cooler IMHO

I wasn't trying to knock the Schecter at all. Great basses but they all felt cheap to me. Funny enough it was the lightness of them really. The thin laminate tops threw me off a bit as well. The sound is definitely more versatile but I really prefer the Ray'.

Dan

• Members

Those are all completely differently basses, both in tone and feel.

How did you come about deciding between those 3? Also, the schecter is about 1/2 the price of the other two, so that seems off as well.

I would personally go for the 'wick.

Archived