whoa

fretless

• Members

That's a light engine! Wow.

Turbine engines are tiny for the amount of power they produce. The Garrett TPE331-10 that were on a turboprop I used to fly were smaller and lighter than a Chevy V8, and put out 1000 shaft horsepower each. The engines on the jet I fly now are each about the same size as a large piston car/truck engine. Turbines rule.:thu:

I've been watching those for a while, and they still kick ass. There was an idea floating around back when those first came out to start a race series of turbine bikes on the super speedways. That would have been unreal! Never happened of course, but would have been about the most exciting series of all. I also have decided I need one of them. Not want, but need one. Yes.

• Members

Turbine engines are tiny for the amount of power they produce. The Garrett TPE331-10 that were on a turboprop I used to fly were smaller and lighter than a Chevy V8, and put out 1000 shaft horsepower each. The engines on the jet I fly now are each about the same size as a large piston car/truck engine. Turbines rule.
:thu:

I've been watching those for a while, and they still kick ass. There was an idea floating around back when those first came out to start a race series of turbine bikes on the super speedways. That would have been unreal! Never happened of course, but would have been about the most exciting series of all. I also have decided I need one of them. Not want, but need one. Yes.

Add an afterburner and watch your lips peel right over your head...........:thu:

• Members

Turbine engines are tiny for the amount of power they produce. The Garrett TPE331-10 that were on a turboprop I used to fly were smaller and lighter than a Chevy V8, and put out 1000 shaft horsepower each. The engines on the jet I fly now are each about the same size as a large piston car/truck engine. Turbines rule.
:thu:

Sweet , I bet Stormtrooper has a helmet for you too .

Archived