practice amp for bass AND guitar?

michaelcpoulin

• Members

hello,

frequent reader of the threads on this site. first time poster.

anyways, im looking for a good practice amp tp keep around that i could use both bass and guitar for. im definitely interested in an apmeg g110 but i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions? i like older gear, and for this purpose i dont mind having something solidstate.

ill be playing a Univox Hi-flier(mosrite copy) for guitar and a peavey t-40 for bass.

thanks and im looking forward to hearing your suggestions.

• Members

While a lot of people say you can't do it, I use my Crate G60 for both at home. using a guitar amp you won't be able to turn it up real loud, but for learning songs and such it should be fine.... I keep my amp beside my computer with my guitar and bass right there, that way I can grab either one and plug in and learn the tunes (from youtube mostly).....

• Members

I would invest in a powered monitor(12" & horn) from JBL, EV, or the like...they generally have more than 2 independent channels as well, so for example, you could run both bass and guitar at the same time. You could do much more, of course. You could get a drive pedal to run the guitar thru en route to the monitor.

• Members

I have a Fender Musicmaster bass amp that I'd like to practice on, but my guitar players are always stealing it from me!

:mad:

12watts, 12" speaker, all tube. It's not loud enough for gigs on bass, but I've been playing with a guitar player and I have no idea what amp he has. He just uses the Musicmaster at practice and on gigs.

Archived