Hey Genz Benzers

Givati

• Members

something else to ponder.

a speakon connector can be bought and installed on a 1/4 to 1/4 speaker cable far cheaper than a new cable can be bought, and probably cheaper than an adapter.

get a raw connector (many music stores have them, if they have any sort of "supplies" section at all). cut one end off of your 1/4 to 1/4 speaker cable and install the speakon connector. either the owner's manual, or frequently the back side of the amp, near the connector, will tell you which pins to use on your connector.

the connector goes on with a couple of screws and some plastic lockrings/nuts. it's a 10 minute job, tops. i've saved quite a few bucks this way, when trying to use speakon-only amps or cabs.

YMMV

• Members

something else to ponder.

a speakon connector can be bought and installed on a 1/4 to 1/4 speaker cable far cheaper than a new cable can be bought, and probably cheaper than an adapter.

get a raw connector (many music stores have them, if they have any sort of "supplies" section at all). cut one end off of your 1/4 to 1/4 speaker cable and install the speakon connector. either the owner's manual, or frequently the back side of the amp, near the connector, will tell you which pins to use on your connector.

the connector goes on with a couple of screws and some plastic lockrings/nuts. it's a 10 minute job, tops. i've saved quite a few bucks this way, when trying to use speakon-only amps or cabs.

YMMV

Good idea!

Just got off the phone with GC, they want $24 for a 10 footer. :mad:

• Members

Its brand new. Got it last week. If I recall there are speakon's on the back, but are they 4 ohm for all 8 10's?

It doesn't really matter does it? if its the only cab he's using, it just means the power rating of the amp and cab will be closer together, I think a fridge will take 700-800W and @ 4ohms the 1200 puts out 1000W max power.

The new peg fridges do have speakon, just get him to buy a speakon > speakon cable and he won't look back :) no worries about pulling the speaker cable out accidentally!

Archived