Over 2 weeks w/ out a coke! (or "soda")

RSBro

• Members

have to say, i'm impressed. i've been drinking almost 2 quarts of iced tea a day, but that's helluva lot better than any type of diet drink w/ all that crap in it. i did get a new and awesome water filtration system, so it tastes quite nice. :) longest time in my life i've ever gone w/ a carbonated caffeinated beverage.

• Members

have to say, i'm impressed. i've been drinking almost 2 quarts of iced tea a day, but that's helluva lot better than any type of diet drink w/ all that crap in it. i did get a new and awesome water filtration system, so it tastes quite nice.
:)
longest time in my life i've ever gone w/ a carbonated caffeinated beverage.

Careful, I saw just this morning on CBS news morning show that tea may be leaked to Prostate Cancer (yikes!!). Of course for years now studies have said all kind of stuff leads to cancer (ice cream, certain meats, etc.)

Mr. Matt

• Members

Careful, I saw just this morning on CBS news morning show that tea may be leaked to Prostate Cancer (yikes!!). Of course for years now studies have said all kind of stuff leads to cancer (ice cream, certain meats, etc.)

Mr. Matt

I've also read/heard that excessive masturbation combats prostate cancer-

I promise, it balances out!! :D :D :D

• Members

I gave up coffee last week. So far, so good. I did make a cup this morning and could only drink half of it. In only a week, it just didn't taste good...and I'm someone who just LOVES the taste of coffee. My coffee days may be over.

I've been drinking green tea instead. Got some ginger tea today.

• Members

I gave up coffee last week. So far, so good. I did make a cup this morning and could only drink half of it. In only a week, it just didn't taste good...and I'm someone who just LOVES the taste of coffee. My coffee days may be over.

I've been drinking green tea instead. Got some ginger tea today.

I completely forgot I haven't had coffee in this long of time either!

I drink water in the AM now, actually.

• Members

I don't drink Coke. I mostly drink Sprite, but I haven't has one since Friday. Usually it's like 2 or more cans of Sprite a day, Arizona green tea with dinner and I keep a gallon of water by my bed for while I'm laying down or for if I wake up in the middle of the night (I rarely ever wake up in the middle of the night).

• Members

There are a lot of different types of teas. I'm not aware that plain old black iced tea is that healthy. I thought green tea was the one with more anti-oxidants.

Could be, but I've been drinking regular iced tea arguably since pre-birth and esp here in Texas you don't care for much else sometimes. :) A large glass w/ lime is 1000 times better than a cold soda, IMO.

• Moderators
Could be, but I've been drinking regular iced tea arguably since pre-birth and esp here in Texas you don't care for much else sometimes.
:)
A large glass w/ lime is 1000 times better than a cold soda, IMO.

Well of course. You're in Texas. I remember as a kid those dandy Don Meredith Lipton Iced Tea commercials even.:cool:

• Members

Congrats. At work I keep a bottle around that i constantly refill with water. I keep a 12 pack of root beer in my cabinet, but I only put 1 in the fridge at a time, in case I ever crave a soda... That way I don't down them. I also have tea mixes (both hot/cold), some lite hot chocolate and spiced cider that i treat myself too on occassion, and a bunch of crystal light, etc mixes for when I get tired of water. I'll usually make a bottle of peached tea for lunch and drink water the rest of the day.

Archived