How much beer a day is "too much?"

Kelemvor

• Members

The beer threads here have got me thinking. I used to drink 1 or 2 a day. Now I probably average around 3 a day, sometimes 4. I've cut out cokes and other sugary drinks out of my diet. I'm pretty sure I don't consume over 2K calories a day. I drink a little more on the weekends but I don't like wine or spirits, so I almost never get close to being drunk.

I'm just curious about the consensus here, and what other people's drinking habits are.

• Members

Beer is not bad for you, but chemicals put into major brewers beers are.

If your beer of choice contains, sulphur, sugar (sucrose), ethanol, fish, egg, or lactose, then it is not good to drink ANY!

These ingredients are thrown in during the ferementation and stabilisation processes to speed up, slow down or stall fermentation.

Drink good beer.. the ones with only four ingredients, and unless you are constantly in a beer haze, then its better for you than coke.:thu:

Viva la primo bier!

• Members

When you're not standing anymore,.....that's too much. I experienced this a few weeks back. Granted it wasn't because I was so drunk I fell down. I tripped and smacked my head off a wall. :lol:

Generally I'm similar to BBB in terms of drinking. Although my benders are smaller and more frequent. I don't drink at home (anymore), only when I go out. But when I do I generally have a lot.

• Members

Beer is not bad for you, but chemicals put into major brewers beers are.

If your beer of choice contains, sulphur, sugar (sucrose), ethanol, fish, egg, or lactose, then it is not good to drink ANY!

These ingredients are thrown in during the ferementation and stabilisation processes to speed up, slow down or stall fermentation.

Drink good beer.. the ones with only four ingredients, and unless you are constantly in a beer haze, then its better for you than coke.
:thu:

Viva la primo bier!

Guinness!:wave:

• Members

Guinness!
:wave:

Once you would have been right but now more.

Guiness is "brewed under licence" in many countries now, Australia included.

In Australia, that means making a batch of sugary Fosters VB base, stabalising it with fish oil, and adding the proprietary GBE (Guiness Brew Extract) to turn it dark.

It has about as much resembalance to real Guiness as English texts of the Bible have to the Hebrew original text.

:(

• Members

I say almost any regularly during the week is too much for me...I'd rather just make it a friday/saturday thing. I don't get drunk from a single beer, and I don't enjoy the taste of beer more than Jones Soda, so it seems a waste to me and an unnecessary tax on my liver.

Then again, I smoke more pot than most people here would recommend, so what do I know? YMMV.

• Members

I should probably edit my post as I just realized I haven't been drinking like I used to. I quit the good beer after I started working out heavily. I didn't even realize it until just now. I guess I don't like beer as much as I thought :freak:

Archived