EMG Pickups

Rocknrumble

• Members

There should be a sticker on the bottom of the pickup.

Let me clear up some confusion though...they don't have P/J sets in humbucker (or DC) housings.

They have a humbucker that acts like a P, and they have a humbucker that acts like a J...but they are not smashing a full P/J setup into a humbucker housing.

• Members

I'm not trying to argue, but according to EMG:

EMG-35P4

The 35P4 design has two offset coils that result in more low end with brilliant highs.

EMG-35J

The 35J model uses a single coil design which has a less powerful low end but a more prominent midrange.

I understood that as being proper P and Js in different housings. Maybe I misunderstood. Thanks for answering though.

• Members

I'm not trying to argue, but according to EMG:

EMG-35P4

The 35P4 design has two offset coils that result in more low end with brilliant highs.

EMG-35J

The 35J model uses a single coil design which has a less powerful low end but a more prominent midrange.

I understood that as being proper P and Js in different housings. Maybe I misunderstood. Thanks for answering though.

Thats right...but a P/J config would have both of those together. One of each so to speak. It just seemed as though you were saying that one single pickup was a P/J all in one dealy.

Archived