Look what me and my buddy found!

Twe3k

• Members

Hi!

Me and a buddy of mine found this laying around in the storage room for our local rock club.

It's a Music Man HD One fifty with to channels. One normal and one for bass.

It's not been used for ages, and no one really knows who owns it.

Tried to learn more about it over the internet. But we just can't seem to find anything about it.

Does anyone here know anything about it?

Picture0103.jpg

• Members

Hi!

Me and a buddy of mine found this laying around in the storage room for our local rock club.

It's a Music Man HD One fifty with to channels. One normal and one for bass.

It's not been used for ages, and no one really knows who owns it.

Tried to learn more about it over the internet. But we just can't seem to find anything about it.

Does anyone here know anything about it?

Picture0103.jpg

i had one back in the 80's. It fried out during the first gig. took it back to the store, traded it for an Ampeg szt

• Members

I had one in the 80s too (HD-130 I believe) with matching 2x10. It's a Leo Fender design. It was great, I loved it. Played LOTs of gigs with it and never had a problem.

Funny story: we opened for a fairly large regional act (1500 or so audience) using the head liner's PA. During sound check the sound guy comes up on stage and drags the head-liners bass player along. He says "Look, that's what your bass should sound like, why don't you get stuff like this". Needless to say the bass player was majorly peefed at that and that was our last gig with this band ;)

• Members

I had one in the 80s too (HD-130 I believe) with matching 2x10. It's a Leo Fender design. It was great, I loved it. Played LOTs of gigs with it and never had a problem.

Funny story: we opened for a fairly large regional act (1500 or so audience) using the head liner's PA. During sound check the sound guy comes up on stage and drags the head-liners bass player along. He says "Look, that's what your bass should sound like, why don't you get stuff like this". Needless to say the bass player was majorly peefed at that and that was our last gig with this band
;)

Hahaha!

Awesome!

We have tried it on my 410 cratecab, but cant say I was impressed. But I'll bet it's more the cab's fault.

Anyone else played one of this?

• Members

The "szt" is the model that makes that "szt" sound when you plug it in?
:p
:wave:

Now you can come over here and clean my monitor off thank you. And those Amps were good but not great I played one a few times really wasn't impressed.

• Members

I had one for about 18 years, as my main head. I used it with three different cabs...first a Fender 2x15 (the diagonal one) but I sold that rig quickly. I used it with a single 1x15 LabSeries with a 4x10 Peavey on top, but I later went back to the old, standard Peavey 2x15BW cab. It did everything that I wanted it to do. Very simple controls, very simple to dial in your tone. Bass button and treble button on front, ohm switch on the back. Just make sure that you are running it for the correct ohms. Believe me, 150 watts of tube power pushing 2x15BW's = HUGE sound. I wish I had never traded it, but a guy really, really wanted it and I wanted to try something new. And, I don't have the 2x15 anymore, either.

There are places which completely rebuild and restore these amps (the caps will get dry over time). Look at theamphunter.com to start reading up on them.

EDIT: Eric Clapton and band were among the first to start using these amps onstage.

• Members

I had one for about 18 years, as my main head. I used it with three different cabs...first a Fender 2x15 (the diagonal one) but I sold that rig quickly. I used it with a single 1x15 LabSeries with a 4x10 Peavey on top, but I later went back to the old, standard Peavey 2x15BW cab. It did everything that I wanted it to do. Very simple controls, very simple to dial in your tone. Bass button and treble button on front, ohm switch on the back. Just make sure that you are running it for the correct ohms. Believe me, 150 watts of tube power pushing 2x15BW's = HUGE sound. I wish I had never traded it, but a guy really, really wanted it and I wanted to try something new. And, I don't have the 2x15 anymore, either.

There are places which completely rebuild and restore these amps (the caps will get dry over time). Look at theamphunter.com to start reading up on them.

EDIT: Eric Clapton and band were among the first to start using these amps onstage.

oh. Cool

Thanks for the info!

Will check out the page!!

Archived