Chicago Gig Spam: Wed. 12/26 - Swimmer Missing @ Ronny's in Logan Square

Kindness

• Moderators

Swimmer Missing is playing Ronny's in Logan Square the day after Christmas.

The show starts at 9pm and we go on first. We typically play 6 or 7 songs in about 25-30 minutes. It is an acoustic guitar and fretless bass with vocals. Very calm, very pretty and sleepy music.

Ronny's

2101 N. California Ave., Chicago

Tel: (773) 278-7170

Map

SWIMMER MISSING (Thom of Kindness)

Being of sound mind and body, Swimmer Missing gives only a major question mark on where the true melloncollie derives from such a pop orented singer/songwriter. Thom makes leaps and bounds in his introspective dramatic romp through uncharted waters of the human psy-key. Most notable is the distinct commitment to true unwavering melodic hooks and grim but harmonic lyrics that create a ocean of itself to swim cautiously.

• Moderators

The show was great. It was the best Swimmer Missing has ever played. We took the liberty of playing later in the night since the people that had come out to see us were in no rush and then expanded the set list to fill up the later spot. We are in the process of recording a new cd of material, but the live show is all old material still. In some instances it is music that has carried over from the three piece indie rock band Kindness to the now acoustic guitar/fretless bass duo Swimmer Missing. The oldest song we play is from 2001, but it still feels and sounds sweet to us. We had a few people come up to us after the set to let us know that they had heard us play earlier in the year and came out to see us again. There were some other fans taking pictures all night long. It is somewhat strange to have that kind of support when we don't have any publicly available albums, no website, no myspace page, etc. and we just found out we were playing on the 21st. It's kind of inspiring to have that kind of support, even if it is just a handful of people.

Good times all around. To top it off, it was the first time ever my mom and stepdad came out to see this band perform. :thu:

• Moderators

Cool. People tend to recognize quality.

Note I didn't say hordes of people.
:lol:
But I'd rather have 10 dedicated fans than 100 superfluous ones.
:thu:

Agreed. When I showed up at the hole in the wall we were playing at last night I thought "I had more fun rehearsing in my living room than we will on this gig." Then we had some nice fan response and that sure made my night. :cool:

Archived