The Doctor Is In

Low Tone

• Members

My custom Dr Bass 2x12 cab showed up today.

Paired with the Ashdown Superfly and my JAF's, the sound is pure sex.

There is a lot of hiss when I have the horn turned up but I've heard this is a common thing with the Superflys. Not a big issue since I turn the horn off anyway.

I think I can live with this for awhile. :cool:

• Members

Kickass!
:thu:

Yeah, I use my horn, but I keep it at maybe 1/3 - 1/2. (Not sure if it's the the same horn, I have the BL2260 (now called 2460) with 2x12 plus 6" midrange plus the horn.

Do you have hiss issues with yours or am I right in thinking it's the Superfly?

• Members

Cool deal, LT! I'm glad you've got a rig you're finally happy with. I bet it beats the old pieced together Kustom 2x15 and rack setup!

Almost all tweeters hiss considerably when full up, especially since they're usually much more efficient than the cone drivers they're coupled with. That's why I, much like you, keep them dialed down to a minimum.

I love how tiny and compact that superfly head looks too!

• Members

What is custom about your cab?
:confused:

I had the speakers wired for independant inputs so I could plug both channels of the Superfly head into one cab. Makes it easier than hauling around two 1x12's. One side runs one 12 and the other runs the 12 and the horn.

• Members

I had the speakers wired for independant inputs so I could plug both channels of the Superfly head into one cab. Makes it easier than hauling around two 1x12's. One side runs one 12 and the other runs the 12 and the horn.

Ah.....I see. That's unique. Glad to see you finally got it.

Archived