RIC price increase.

Undead Sycip

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The Classic Rickenbacker bass - famous for its ringing sustain, treble punch and solid underlying bass. 50,001 Ric bass players can't be wrong!

how many people voted for george bush in the last election?

:p

**jabs all the rick owners AND republicans at the same time and runs out of room with arms flailing wildly....WHEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!*******

• Members

Yup, and watch the used market go through the roof as well.

C7

Yeah. {censored} that. My teacher has a 70s 4001 (in white, rick james style, bitch) that I love to play. If I could get one of those for a decent price I'd be happy...but it ain't happening ever.

• Members
Yeah. {censored} that. My teacher has a 70s 4001 (in white, rick james style, bitch) that I love to play. If I could get one of those for a decent price I'd be happy...but it ain't happening ever.

People complain about the price of gas and how it's supposedly an artificially choked supply, which creates a demand market, to rip off consumers.
I wonder if those people would defend Ric's practice of doing the same thing by essentially doing nothing to alleviate backorders on their product. If their basses were readily available they wouldn't hold the same mystique, and they know it. Yet they're in all the catalogs, without pricing, of course. Gotta call for pricing. Wouldn't want the public to know how much they cost, since they're not really in stock anyways. :D
C7

• Members

We better watch out, or else Rickenbacker is going to sue us for this thread.

Yeah, forgot about that, too. I bet HC pulls the thread after fanboi posts a link to it on the Ric forums and a rep from Ric complains about it.

Or else we'll be inundated by mindless fanbois from their forum that want to defend their faith. A la Eden.

C7

• Members

Yeah, forgot about that, too. I bet HC pulls the thread after fanboi posts a link to it on the Ric forums and a rep from Ric complains about it.

Or else we'll be inundated by mindless fanbois from their forum that want to defend their faith. A la Eden.

C7

To be fair, we inundated Eden before they came to us:cop:.

I honestly welcome any input they might have because I don't foresee any arguement that brings anything new to the table.

So solder went up in price..so {censored}ing what? I'd have more respect if they said "You guys want our {censored}. We can't produce enough for everyone. Therefore we will be charging more". That's it, cool at least you are honest. Don't BS me with rising costs of solder and zinc. That's a disservice to the people who love/want/need their instruments IMO.

Dan

• Members
To be fair, we inundated Eden before they came to us:cop:.

I honestly welcome any input they might have because I don't foresee any arguement that brings anything new to the table.

So solder went up in price..so {censored}ing what? I'd have more respect if they said "You guys want our {censored}. We can't produce enough for everyone. Therefore we will be charging more". That's it, cool at least you are honest. Don't BS me with rising costs of solder and zinc. That's a disservice to the people who love/want/need their instruments IMO.

Dan

{censored} it, let's start a war with the Ric Forum!:idea:

I didn't realize they were trying to convince us that they're using several hundred dollars worth of silver solder and zinc in their basses, now I REALLY think they suck.
C7

• Members
{censored} it, let's start a war with the Ric Forum!
:idea:

I didn't realize they were trying to convince us that they're using several hundred dollars worth of silver solder and zinc in their basses, now I REALLY think they suck.

C7

Nah Rickenbrother posted something from the Ric forum about rising costs in solder, brass, and oil. Well solder is minimal, brass I could see because it's their bridges, but oil? How long has oil been the price it's been?!? It's been 5 years since oil started getting rediculous and they are just now saying it's affecting them? C'mon, just be real..that's all I ask. Don't spin me..just tell me WTF is going on.

"If they came out and said " We are raising the prices because people will pay it, and we can make more money for doing nothing", at least I'd have respect for them for being honest.

Dan

• Moderators

"If they came out and said " We are raising the prices because people will pay it, and we can make more money for doing nothing", at least I'd have respect for them for being honest.

Dan

Look back at the press release. They say that in advertising speak. "The price increase is also intended to help create a better balance between demand and capacity..." In other words, we will charge more so you guys buy fewer so we can catch up on our backorders and create artificial scarcity.

• Members

Look back at the press release. They say that in advertising speak. "The price increase is also intended to help create a better balance between demand and capacity..." In other words, we will charge more so you guys buy fewer so we can catch up on our backorders and create artificial scarcity.

Gotcha...although why do they have to be fancy about it:D.

Dan

• Members

A company that genuinely cares about its customers would find a way to ramp up production to fill the backorders rather than jack up their prices to stop people from buying their product.

I have the same opinion of Lakland, though I don't think they're trying to choke off supply, I just can't stand how even their Korean basses are impossible to find in stock.

If people want to buy your widgets, make enough widgets to sell. It's pretty simple.

C7

• Members

A company that genuinely cares about its customers would find a way to ramp up production to fill the backorders rather than jack up their prices to stop people from buying their product.

I have the same opinion of Lakland, though I don't think they're trying to choke off supply, I just can't stand how even their Korean basses are impossible to find in stock.

If people want to buy your widgets, make enough widgets to sell. It's pretty simple.

C7

This is what I've been saying for the last few months. I got flamed last time for saying this though. I think this is the first business decision they made that makes sense. I think they need to bring in some new people to help them with their business plan because they don't seem to be able to handle their {censored} right now.

Dan

• Members

BTW RIC also raised prices last year.

I might just have to hold onto my backordered FG 4003.

Dude, I would. The used prices are going to be above 1500.00 thats for sure. Get it and sell it if you don't like it. But thank you, thank you, thank you, for giving me such a deal on the Midnight blue one:thu:

Dan

• Moderators

C7

Did you ever read the Forbes article about Lakland/Dan Lakin? It makes it sound like he is a spoiled rich kid playing games with daddy's money. In fact, even when selling a large number of basses a few years back, they were still losing money. There are some unflattering things being said about the company by their jilted past suppliers, but I will hand it to Lakland on their customer service performance regardless of any other complaints that can be levied against them.

By the way, I occasionally hop on the Ric forums for fun. I did again tonight. Always a good laugh.

• Members

Did you ever read the Forbes article about Lakland/Dan Lakin? It makes it sound like he is a spoiled rich kid playing games with daddy's money. In fact, even when selling a large number of basses a few years back, they were still losing money. There are some unflattering things being said about the company by their jilted past suppliers, but I will hand it to Lakland on their customer service performance regardless of any other complaints that can be levied against them.

By the way, I occasionally hop on the Ric forums for fun. I did again tonight. Always a good laugh.

I always liked business that you call and talk to the owner. Bergantino always impressed me and so does Lakland. Their CS is great, they basses are overpriced IMO, but are incredible none the less.

Dan

Archived