Rics: Dot or not?

Thumper

• Members

What's your preference?

Not a Ric, that's for sure :poke: :D Never really been a fan of the looks of those basses. Never tried one out personally, though, so for all I know, the feel and tone I get from one might make me ignore the aesthetics.

Between those two, I like the top more.

• Moderators

Not a Ric, that's for sure :poke:
:D
Never really been a fan of the looks of those basses. Never tried one out personally, though, so for all I know, the feel and tone I get from one might make me ignore the aesthetics.

Between those two, I like the top more.

I hated the looks. Finally tried one, and never loked back. Nothing else has ever felt right in my hands.

OTOH, the looks grew on me.

• Members

I hated the looks. Finally tried one, and never loked back. Nothing else has ever felt right in my hands.

OTOH, the looks grew on me.

I was the oposite. I was 13 before I even thought about playing bass and my Brothers friend broke out a white 77 Ric and I just thought it was the coolest thing I ever saw.

he then Plugged it in to a Traynor amp and I was completly sold!

• Members

rictri.jpg

ricdot.jpg

I really like the dot and no binding look on the 4001S. Having said that, I'm perfectly happy with binding and triangles on my '74 4001.

What's your preference?

I've owned both and like the looks of the triangles. Hoyevah, the dots and lack of binding feel better to me................even if they are much much more expensive...............which seems to be the inverse of every other bass on the market!

PD

Archived