Gear dilemmas, GAS, and that sort of thing...

Mytola

• Members

I've been thinking a lot about this now since I got my G&L... I have realized how much I love the bite and kick in it, and my good old friend, the Attitude LTD-II doesn't have that. It isn't as versatile either, which results in me not really picking it up and playing it a lot anymore. The L2000 works better in the band as well, and I am definately getting a L2500 soon to try out a 5-banger tuned E-C.

Now... I am sick and tired of never getting "my" sound live. My band is getting more and more successfull, and we're usually playing on the different venue's backlines and PA's. I'm sick of not getting enough bass through monitors (myself on bass is really the only thing I need in my monitor, but they usually are either underpowered or too {censored}ty sounding. I don't get the physical response I want from my sound when playing live. I had a pod, and sold that to get a EBS MicroBass II, which works better as I don't need a lot of effects, but still... Plugging straight into the PA or {censored}ty backline is getting more and more tedious.

So... I can sell my old Attitude. I really like it, but I don't play it. It's really not my thing anymore. For the money, I can get the perfect amp for me, which I have been GAS'ing after for ages now... Markbass CMD 102P. Tilt-back 2x10" combo with tons of power, and great tone. Light to lug around, and perfect for my use, stage monitor and allrounder-amp.

It's really a hard decision. Keep on like this, and keep the attitude in case I want to play it from time to time, or sell it, get a awesome amp, and don't look back? Some input here is very welcome!

And, Merry Christmas to all of HCBF! :thu:

• Members

I never play my old Ibanez anymore. I used to think it was an ok sounding bass, and it is, next to a Squire. But my Fender just kicks its ass. And I won't be able to sell it for more that $50. It's not worth the trouble of selling, and I have an extra bass laying around in case I ever need it.

• Members

I never play my old Ibanez anymore. I used to think it was an ok sounding bass, and it is, next to a Squire. But my Fender just kicks its ass. And I won't be able to sell it for more that $50. It's not worth the trouble of selling, and I have an extra bass laying around in case I ever need it.

An Attitude is worth a little more than that :thu:

• Members

sell it... you'll regret having sold it later, most probably.... but its the best thing you can do.... markbass is really good...

I will probably regret it at a point, as I probably will with all my sold gear, but then It's not impossible to get hold of one again if I really want it. Being ampless right now is not very funny at all, so I think this one is going.

Archived