Deth fans.

ToeJamFootball

• Members

Anything off of Rust in Peace...I'd probably go with Holy Wars or 5 Magics.

I know Holy Wars is one of their better known tunes, so I'm not delving very deep into their catalog, but it's an incredible piece of music with KILLER playing on it.

Both good choices man :thu:

Holy Wars was the first song I heard from them. Watched the film clip and was blown away. 5 Magics is a {censored}ing killer song.

• Members

I don't like the remastered stuff. I think it's stupid that DM had to go and redo certain solos, vocals parts, and even bass lines. All because he is a nut job control freak. I'd still play bass for him...but I'd want him to know how I felt about some of that stuff first.

Yeah it seemed like a money thing to me. The drums sound terrible, he re-sampled alot of them I think.

• Members

Anything off of Rust in Peace...I'd probably go with Holy Wars or 5 Magics.

I know Holy Wars is one of their better known tunes, so I'm not delving very deep into their catalog, but it's an incredible piece of music with KILLER playing on it.

Ditto. Hell, I think Rust in Peace was really the last good Megadeth album....

• Members

I really like the new albums.

I like it all though
:cool:

I think I'm just stuck on RIP...and since it's not the same, nor really that close...I don't like it. I'm all for new sounds and stuff too.

It's similar to new Metallica. I hate it. Yes, they sound like a new band...not the same type of sound as their older stuff...but if that's the only stuff they ever released, I'd still hate it and think they sucked.

• Members

I like most of their stuff - although I probably like Countdown, then RIP in that order for my favs... I absolutely love Marty Friedman's playing - he reminds me more of Randy Rhodes than any other guitarist out there - in that, he's more of a "melodic shredder" than most...

Two "newish" songs I'm digging are Angry Again, and A Tout Le Monde - in fact, my band is considering covering A Tout Le Monde...

- georgestrings

• Members

I think I'm just stuck on RIP...and since it's not the same, nor really that close...I don't like it. I'm all for new sounds and stuff too.

It's similar to new Metallica. I hate it. Yes, they sound like a new band...not the same type of sound as their older stuff...but if that's the only stuff they ever released, I'd still hate it and think they sucked.

I don't think Megadeth went the same way as newish Metallica - to me, newer Metallica just seems watered down, or "poppy" - whereas, newer Megadeth is just "different" - although YMMV...

- georgestrings

Archived