Ready for a rig...

Goofball Jones

• Members

I already know what cab I want...a 4 ohm Avatar B212 Delta.

http://www.avatarspeakers.com/b212.htm

Now, what head to drive this baby? GK 800RB? GK 700RB-II? I'm looking to keep this under a grand as I'm using my tax refund for part of this.

Or should I get in my car and drive the 200 miles round trip to the GC in Illinois and look into Markbass? (It's the closest GC to me that carries them).

No effects...straight into the amp then to cab into the people's ears. Small to medium clubs. Rock, British blues, Jazz.

All through my Stingray HS you see in my avatar to your

• Members

GK makes a nice head. Do you have any way to try them out before you buy? I would say go and try whatever you can to see what you like the best. If MB is a contender...make the trip. It works for some, but not all...

There are other choices as well, but ti depends on what you're looking to do. If you are planning on a GK 800RB, go used. They can be had for like half the price of a new one...

• Members

if you buy GK, get the 1001RBII...

you can drive whatever cabs you want with it, have bulletproof tone, and volume to play mostly any gig you can think of...

check out the thread i started... for my budget, i strongly believe i purchased the best cabinet i could... if you live in a america you can definitly get an Avatar and a GK 1001RBII for under a grand...

• Members

I already know what cab I want...a 4 ohm Avatar B212 Delta.

http://www.avatarspeakers.com/b212.htm

Now, what head to drive this baby? GK 800RB? GK 700RB-II? I'm looking to keep this under a grand as I'm using my tax refund for part of this.

Or should I get in my car and drive the 200 miles round trip to the GC in Illinois and look into Markbass? (It's the closest GC to me that carries them).

No effects...straight into the amp then to cab into the people's ears. Small to medium clubs. Rock, British blues, Jazz.

All through my Stingray HS you see in my avatar to your

See, if you came to Chicago GTGs, you'd already know how the Little Mark II sounds. :p

Anyways, I like the 800rb, and I like the LMII. I ended up buying the LMII, but the 800rb is definitely on my list. They're both great amps that'll drive that Avatar. :thu:

• Members

if you buy GK, get the 1001RBII...

Yeah, just noticed that the price of the 1001RBII are the same as the 800RB

I also noticed that coming out in Spring 2008 GK is coming out with the Fusion 550 which they describe as a "six stage tube preamp paired with a 500 + 50 watt version of the high current solid state power amp used in the 1001RB-II". Sounds interesting.

• Members

I also noticed that coming out in Spring 2008 GK is coming out with the
Fusion 550
which they describe as a "six stage
tube preamp
paired with a 500 + 50 watt version of the high current solid state power amp used in the 1001RB-II". Sounds interesting.

That thing also has two channels...and motorized knobs to switch between them. It's really pretty cool...but you have to see it. More moving parts might mean more problems, but they make a good product. I think that Dan (willsellout) ordered one a while back...PM him.

I saw it at Bass Player Live...it was pretty cool. I didn't play through it though...Stew Hamm was jamming next to the GK booth, so I wasn't about to play over him and embarrass myself! :)

• Members

That thing also has two channels...and motorized knobs to switch between them. It's really pretty cool...but you have to see it. More moving parts might mean more problems, but they make a good product. I think that Dan (willsellout) ordered one a while back...PM him.

I saw it at Bass Player Live...it was pretty cool. I didn't play through it though...Stew Hamm was jamming next to the GK booth, so I wasn't about to play over him and embarrass myself!
:)

Yes, just noticed that...moving parts don't really impress me as you're right, more things to break on it. I like to keep everything nice and simple. Which is why I freaked out when Gibson came out with the Robot Les Paul :freak:...which itself is breaking on many people.

• Members

Which is why I freaked out when Gibson came out with the Robot Les Paul
:freak:
...which itself is breaking on many people.

Cool concept I guess...but I really see no need for it. I like to tweak and turn knobs...even if it's just for tuning. How much does that thing cost anyways?

EDIT: $2499 msrp

• Members

Cool concept I guess...but I really see no need for it. I like to tweak and turn knobs...even if it's just for tuning. How much does that thing cost anyways?

EDIT: $2499 msrp

thats absolute insanity...

and yeah, so do i... i'm always fiddling around with my pedals, bass knobs, etc... that's one of the reasons i actually love, not just for the sound, pedalboard made out of single-effect pedals... i actually like to have all that stuff in there, and turn and stomp them......multi-effect pedalboards just have no.... charisma! :poke:

Archived