Rig of doom, w/ new cabinet.

Rootdogg

• Members

Rawr. Called Andy from Acme the other day. Replacing my Avatar with a 4ohm Low B2II after tax return and calling it done! Come spring I am also having a full rework done on my Ampeg with a tube and capacitor swap / upgrade from John Nau.

l_54464280eb4968ab9390505320a6dde3.jpg

Here is one with my drummer setting up his Noble and Cooley kit and my board up front.

l_ae36060d630490f4e61d4a73a90d2892.jpg

• Members

Don't you have an SVT-IV? I assume you're talking about swapping the preamp tubes?

Yep! John has done some swaps on the internal hardware on SVT4's. He has some preferred tubes and caps and other {censored} for modding that is way beyond my knowledge base.

• Members

Yep! John has done some swaps on the internal hardware on SVT4's. He has some preferred tubes and caps and other {censored} for modding that is way beyond my knowledge base.

Yeah, I've had some mods like that done on one of my guitar amps. All the tubes were changed, and we also replaced the caps. It's sounds totally different.

If I ever get another 5150 or Dual Rec, I'm sending it off to Voodoo Amps for their deluxe mods.

• Members

Yeah, I've had some mods like that done on one of my guitar amps. All the tubes were changed, and we also replaced the caps. It's sounds totally different.

If I ever get another 5150 or Dual Rec, I'm sending it off to Voodoo Amps for their deluxe mods.

That sounds very cool. I am currently pushing my guitard to purchase a Mark IV. We rented one for our studio work and (of course) he fell in love with it. He is currently using a Crate hybrid head and Crate cab with Celestions...eh.

• Members

That sounds very cool. I am currently pushing my guitard to purchase a Mark IV. We rented one for our studio work and (of course) he fell in love with it. He is currently using a Crate hybrid head and Crate cab with Celestions...eh.

Nice head fo sure! One of my guitards has a Triaxis & 2:90 power amp. The thing sounds {censored}ing sweet!

• Members

That's a hell of a rig for a room that small!!!!!!

I am going to just the 2x10 by itself for future practices. With the 2x15 being new, I wanted to work with it a few weeks before we start playing shows again, and get the surrounds to limber up a bit. That beast will only come out when it's showtime.

• Members

You should hear that kit Pauly. What a fantastic sound. Check my sig for my bands website if you want to hear it. Noble Kits are fantastic.

And yes, that is Lysol. My drummer needs to be disinfected before every session, it's a personal thing.

• Members

SHEESH....what do you have on that board?

Ever try just plugging straight in to your amp and...I dunno...just playing? :poke:
:lol:

I just saw what you have on your sig...wow. Closet guitarist? (Again :poke:
:lol:
it's my jealousy breaking through again....I lash out)

I started on guitar at 13, played that for a year, then fell in love with bass. I have only been experimenting with pedals for about 5 years or so. I was "plugged straight in" for about 10 years. Pedals are a riot. Especially in a three piece band. Heheh yep. There isn't much in between my bass and the amp. Seven pedals, hardly any noticeable tone / volume loss at all. I use my effects loop for the rest. I did A LOT of homework on this forum and other internet stops to figure out how to do it right. I do jam with other friends in situations that the board isn't applicable, so I just go clean. But man, the pedals are a blast.

• Members

Het Rootdogg.....tell me more about that Nau cabinet.
:)

Does he have a website or anything?

Sure! Here is John's website.

http://web.mac.com/tom.hedrick/iWeb/Nau/Welcome.html

This is what I can provide:

2x Eminence Kappa Pro 15s (500w program / per)

4 ohm

He built it like 2 seperate cabinets. There is a divide in the middle. Four small ports surround each driver. The interior is packed. There are tilt back handles mounted top rear, with wheels at the bottom. There are rubber feet on the bottom front, so it sits on the floor instead of being up in the air on casters (the closer your cab is to the floor, the better). There are also retractable spring loaded handles on the bottom for easy loading and unloading.

Is there anything else you wanted to know about it?

If you can dream it, John can build it. From handwired point to point amps and clones, to cabinets, you name it man.

• Members

Sure! Here is John's website.

http://web.mac.com/tom.hedrick/iWeb/Nau/Welcome.html

This is what I can provide:

2x Eminence Kappa Pro 15s (500w program / per)

4 ohm

He built it like 2 seperate cabinets. There is a divide in the middle. Four small ports surround each driver. The interior is packed. There are tilt back handles mounted top rear, with wheels at the bottom. There are rubber feet on the bottom front, so it sits on the floor instead of being up in the air on casters (the closer your cab is to the floor, the better). There are also retractable spring loaded handles on the bottom for easy loading and unloading.

Is there anything else you wanted to know about it?

If you can dream it, John can build it. From handwired point to point amps and clones, to cabinets, you name it man.

What kinda price tag? His stuff looks very boutique (and nice as hell). Is his pricing boutique as well? :D

• Members

What kinda price tag? His stuff looks very boutique (and nice as hell). Is his pricing boutique as well?
:D

I was swarn to secrecy! However, I will say, what do you pay for a new Mesa 2x15 these days? $1300? I paid much less than that.

Archived