Narcissistic web searches

jnewcomer

• Members

You know the kind where you search the web for yourself to see where and how many times you show up. :D

Anyway, I was bored yesterday and searched for myself, as well as names of prior bands I was in, etc. I happened upon another message board (not very active) with a posting from a user looking for recordings of local bands long gone, including a college party band I was in some 15 years ago. :lol: Talk about nostalgia. :wave:

• Members

Running my name returns my Sailor of the Year award from 2002, the FY2005 Chief list and the FY2008 Senior Chief list. I guess there's not much there about me.

Syciprider and Undead Sycip returns the online forum crap.

I didn't know you were a Chief.

Have you gotten the chance to visit the Chiefs Museum on the USS Missouri?

• Members

I did this once a while ago. I came across some other much more technical related audio/music forum. So I read the thread, to get things in context. I came across this really long, in depth technical description on how such and such works. Was very impressive, well, written, I learned a lot from it. Then when I got to the bottom, that's when I realized it had my name in the signature... I wrote it. :eek:

• Members

...Was very impressive, well, written, I learned a lot from it. Then when I got to the bottom, that's when I realized it had my name in the signature... I wrote it.
:eek:

Now THAT'S funny.

I found a prototype electronics board at work in the scrap pile. Grabbed it thinking I could use some parts off it. Looked to be built kind of like how I would build something. Looked a LOT like how I would build it.

Hey, that's my writing! I built it, but I don't know when or why or what it does exactly. :freak:

• Members

Now THAT'S funny.

I found a prototype electronics board at work in the scrap pile. Grabbed it thinking I could use some parts off it. Looked to be built kind of like how I would build something. Looked a LOT like how I would build it.

Hey, that's my writing! I built it, but I don't know when or why or what it does exactly.
:freak:

Haha, that's funny. This stuff happens to me more often that not I swear.

• Members

I did a search for "Mel Gibson's Head on Shwarzenegger's Body with John Holmes member", but I didnt show up.......... damn!........
:(

Hrm...

So...

This:

Mel%20Gibson%20Mug%20Shot.jpg

Plus this...

arnold_fat.jpg

With the penis of a man who's been dead for almost two decades?

Yeah...I can buy that...:D

• Members

People steal my copywrite all the time. But considering the context of how/why, I find it more flattering than anything.

It all depends on what can happen from it. For example, I hold a certification that can be revoked if ethics are not respected. I found some material I wrote on a site, the aim of which is to laugh at ethics. Bottom line: my stuff can't appear there or I can be stripped of this cert. Not funny :)

• Members

It all depends on what can happen from it. For example, I hold a certification that can be revoked if ethics are not respected. I found some material I wrote on a site, the aim of which is to laugh at ethics. Bottom line: my stuff can't appear there or I can be stripped of this cert. Not funny
:)

No doubt. I write literature for an amp manufacturer on a freelance basis. I see my words copied, I take a small measure of pride in it.

Archived